RunAway - Home

Alden just got off the phone with his publisher. She told him the awesome news that their sister publishing house, which was one of the biggest in the country had reviewed his story draft and had offered to publish it as soon as possible.

"You look happy," Maine said as she entered the room with two cups of coffee on a tray.

Alden smiled at her as she placed the tray on the bedside table and sat on the edge of the bed in front of him. "I just got a call from Ms. Fe... My story's getting published... And guess who's doing it -- Anvil Publishing!"

"Oh my God, that's great news!" she said happily. "Congratulations, you deserve it. You've worked so hard on that book."

"Thanks... And yes, it's a dream come true," he told her. He placed his laptop on the bed and pulled Maine towards him. "Just like you..."

Maine smiled and sat on his slap, straddling him. "Okay... When do I get to read the rough draft?"

"I'll give you the first hard copy once it's done." he told her, kissing her nose.

Maine pouted. She had been wanting to read it since he finished writing it but he won't give in to her request. He wanted it to be a surprise.

"No, Maine, your pouting lips won't work," he told her, laughing.

Maine sighed, accepting defeat. "So, just tell me... What's so special about this new book? You said you've had other books in the past that didn't get this much attention."

"What's so special about it?" he asked, looking at her.

"Uhuh."

"It's about you..." he whispered.

"Really?" She said, blushing. "Now you better make sure your laptop has a password because I just might sneak into your folders and find that story."

Alden laughed. "You'll read it soon enough, be patient." he told her, kissing her gently on the lips.

"Wait." Maine said, pushing him slightly. "I have something for you."

Alden raised his eyebrows as Maine pulled her phone from the pocket of her shorts. He untangled the earphones and gently placed them in his ears. He looked at her questioningly as she browsed on her phone for something.

"Listen to this," she said, smiling at him. "It put into words everything that I want to tell you, almost everything that I feel." She pressed play.

(Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk)

They stared at each other while Alden listened to the song and he was breathing deep and slow as he savored each words. Maine grinned, watching him being overcome by emotions.

When she found this song, she couldn't think of any other that was more apt, more perfect to express everything she felt about him. Being with him felt like home. Something she never had in a long time.

He placed his hands on her waist and kissed her fully on the lips as soon as the song ended. He gently turned so he could lay her on the bed while pushing the laptop carefully away.

Too Hot To Handle (SPG/Smut Compilation)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें