Chapter 28: The Haunting of Elm Manor-Part 3

Start from the beginning

After they were done talking to Camilla, Marie and Jones were on their way to the greenhouse when Marie said, "So it turns out that Camilla's family used to own the Fernandez's house! I can't believe she decided to become a housekeeper just so she can either keep an eye on them or an eye on the house itself!"

As she was saying that, Jones held up his phone for Ramirez to hear and once she done talking Jones placed it back on his ear and he said, "As you heard, Camilla is creepy, but she's not a ghost. So you can stop going on about it Ramirez!"

"Well, I may have been wrong about that, but I assure you that house is definitely haunted. I'm gonna head over there right now with my ghost hunting equipment and I'm gonna prove it to you," Ramirez said while the sound of rummaging was heard in the background.

After Ramirez hung up, Jones thought that it might be fun to watch Ramirez running around like a headless chicken and then he decided to turn around and head back to Elm Manor so they can look through that wing their victim was found dead in one last time. Once they got there, Jones started to walk forward when he heard an eerie creak. He then started to shake a little and said, "Okay, I'll admit that this place is kind of spooky, but I'm not going to act like Ramirez and start whimpering about ghosts."

Just then Ramirez appeared in front of Jones wearing a white sheet and he shouted, "BOO!" And then Jones jumped in fear and he hid behind Marie like a scared little puppy.

Ramirez then pulled off the sheet and he started to laugh at Jones and he said to him, "You should've seen your face Jones! Marie here didn't even blink and she seems to be a lot braver than you!"

Jones then peeked out from behind Marie and said, "Yeah, that's real mature dude. Now let's get back to work and no more jokes!"

After Ramirez's little joke, Jones and Marie started to search around the wing until Marie found a strange trap mechanism and she showed it to Jones. Jones got a good look at the trap and he said curiously, "This trap mechanism seems to be at the right spot where the chandelier killed Hector. I'm beginning to think that this more than just a mere coincidence."

Soon, Marie started to search it for clues until she found a bobby pin. Once she pulled it out and looked at it closely, Marie said, "I don't think this little bobby pin got stuck inside this trap mechanism by accident."

"And I have to say that finding this trap mechanism at the scene of the murder makes it highly suspicious," Jones added in and soon they headed back towards the station to give the pin to Alex so he can see what comes off of it.

After they dropped off the bobby pin, Jones and Marie headed to the greenhouse. As soon as they got there, Marie and Jones looked around until Marie found a couple clues and showed then to Jones. Once he saw them, Jones gave his partner a little smirk and said, "It's a good thing the killer didn't succeed in sneaking back in here to cover up their tracks!"

"Well I wouldn't be surprised if this garden knife was the same one the killer used to cut up their plants to make the hallucinogenic drug. And judging by the blood on it, it seems the killer was really clumsy with knives," Marie said while waving the knife.

Jones also got a good look at the creepy looking whistle that Marie found and Marie suggested that they send it to the lab and Jones agreed. After Marie collected a blood sample off of the knife, she sent it to Grace to be analyzed. While the blood was being analyzed Alex was done analyzing the bobby pin and the whistle and he called Jones and Marie to the tech lab to tell them the results. Once they were in front of him, Alex explained to them about the whistle first and he to,d them, "The whistle you found in the greenhouse is actually pretty cool. It's design is supposed to make eerie ghost sounds and it's often used in haunted houses at fun fairs. I asked Grace to analyze the saliva sample taken from it and it turns out the ghost whistle belongs to Charles Parker."