Battleground Pt 1

April's POV*

I was in the locker room with all the girls and we were laughing about something Becky had said. I wasn't really paying much attention, I was too focused on this match tonight.

"April." Char got my attention.

"Hm?" I looked over to her.

"Are you okay? You look kinda mad." She stated.

"What? Oh, uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine, just focused." I told her.

"Oh man, she's just using 'focused' as a cover, she'll explode any second now." Paige chuckled.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Yes, I'm definitely going to explode."

"Take cover!" Becky shouts.

I laugh along with the rest of them and finish with my outfit, which was my black cropped shirt with a pink love bites logo on it, along with half black half pink shorts and my black buckle converse.

I smiled as I looked in the mirror. I grabbed my belt and skipped out into the corridors. Next thing I knew, someone popped up out of no where and I didn't stop in time before clashing into him.

"Dang Lee, what did I tell you about skipping around the halls?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have been standing there." I shrugged.

He offered me a hand to help me up but I didn't accept it. I pushed myself up off of the ground and grabbed my belt which had called off my shoulder.

"Good luck tonight." He told me.

"I don't need luck, Sethie." I skipped off again.

Someone started skipping beside me and I looked over to see it was Aj. I smiled at him and stopped skipping, but he didn't realize and so he continued skipping until he ran into a wall.

Oh, Aj.

I giggled and went to help him up.

"Well hello to you too." I grinned.

"Hi." He grinned back.

"You ready for your match tonight?" I asked him.

"Of course," he nodded, "Seth is going down."

I wasn't allowed at ringside for that match or Aj would face the consequences according to Steph and Hunter. Knowing them, they are up to something. Aj grabbed my hand and we walked through the corridors. Yeah, people stared, but who cares?

The night started off with a basic match to get people ready for a big match. My match was later on in the night, right before the main event, which was Aj vs Seth. We had lits of time to kill, but I wanted to make it useful. I had to be 100% ready for Sasha. She's good.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna go prepare a little more." I told him.

"Trying to ditch me already?" He laughed, "I'll see ya later."

He kissed my cheek before letting me run off. I went into an empty locker room and plugged headphones into my phone, before blasting up some music and starting to do some preparation exercises.

~♥~

I checked the time and I guess time flew away from me because it was time for the match before mine. I exited the room and spotted Becky.

"Hey." I walked up to her.

"Oh, hey there April." She grinned.

She had won her match earlier.

"Congrats on your match." I gave her a cheery smile.

She returned the look, "Thanks, good luck on yours. Its next, right?"

"Yup," I said, "and I was wondering.. How good is she?"

"Sasha? Oh, she's a tough one. Don't let her get ya in the Banks Statement. Its extremely painful, best of luck." She gave me a quick hug and walked away.

The match went by pretty quick and I went down to the curtain. Sasha was there, stretching as our rivalry played on the screen. Once it finished, Sasha told the guy to play her music.

Had a dream, I hadn't made it

She walked out and the crowd erupted in cheers. She did her usual entrance and waited in the ring for me. We waited for a few seconds before my theme rang through the arena.

Let's light it up, light it up, light it up, light it tonight!

I skipped out and got a half boo, half cheer reaction. I kinda smiled and skipped down to the ring. I skipped around it a few times, keeping eye contact with Sasha before jumping up on the apron and stepping inside the ring.

Here we go.

Okay so this was like a Battleground preparation, next one will be the matches. And before you get mad for not updating, I did publish it when I said I would, but my Wattpad has been seriously glitching and I found out today that it didn't ACTUALLY publish it. I was kinda mad because I didn't know that it didn't publish it and I was working on Battleground Pt 2 when I realized, why hasn't Battleground Pt  1 got any attention? I was beyond triggered.

Anyway, what did you think? Hope you liked this! I triedI felt like bringing Becky into the story because she's pretty cool :)

Love y'all!!!