Starting Over

Stephen chased you around as you held his phone above your head.

"Give it back!" He shouted after you.

"Why? Do you need it to text your girlfriend?" You teased him, but the idea of it hurt you a little.

"No, you know I don't have a girlfriend!"

"Ha! You're such a loser!"

"You don't have a boyfriend either!"

"Oh, right."

You laughed as he finally caught up to you and wrapped his arms around you from behind. He snatched his phone away from your grasp and then let you go.

"Okay, I guess you win. But revenge will be sweet," you threatened.

"Oh, I'm so scared," he said before a group of people entered the temple, running. They had weapons with them and they looked blood-thirsty.

"Scared now?" you asked him.

He didn't answer as he summoned a weapon. He got in a fighting stance and you did the same. He noticed and instead told you to warn Wong, Mordo, and the Ancient One. You nodded and ran to the three, telling them the news. They soon joined you in battle, but the opposing side still had more people.

One of them finally began the fight. They attacked you left and right, but you were able to dodge them. You used your relic and managed to defeat one of them. You looked around to check if anyone needed help, and you saw one of your enemies sneaking up behind Stephen while he was fighting. No one else seemed to notice, so you attacked him. He fell to the ground before you realized there was someone behind you, too. By the time you turned around, it was too late. She stuck a needle through your head and you started to feel dizzy. You fell to the ground as you heard a muffled scream.

"Y/N!"

You woke up about an hour later, sweating. Stephen, the Ancient One, Mordo, and Wong were standing above you.

"She's awake," the Ancient One pointed out. She sighed, "Y/N, I have bad news."

"What is it?" you answered with worry.

"Whatever it was they stuck in your brain is removing your memories. We can stop the process, but we would only be able to save your childhood memories. Before you met any of us," she sadly explained.

"Oh," tears started to well up in your eyes. You loved your childhood, but your times in Kamar-Taj were some of the best ones. "Well, I guess some memories are better than none, right?"

"Yes," she paused. "I'll give you some time to say goodbye to everyone. Temporarily, at least."

She left and you slowly walked over to Wong. "Wong, I know we didn't start off as the best of friends, but I knew that we would become great ones eventually. So, thanks for being there for me and all that... and hiding all the smutty fanfictions I read," you laughed as his expression changed to confusion and shock. "I'm just kidding!"

"Well, in case your sense of humor changes, I'll remind you of the way you used to be," he chuckled slightly. You hugged him and headed over to Mordo.

"Mordo, you were always a great teacher; you always knew just what I needed better explained and you guided me greatly. And if I forget how to fight, I want you to teach me again."

"With pleasure," he smiled. "Don't tell anyone, but you were always my favorite student," he added. It was his turn to receive a hug, and then you walked over to Stephen.

He pulled you away to speak in private, and as soon as he let go you said, "Um- who are you?"

"What? You couldn't have forgotten about me yet! Right?" he asked desperately.

You couldn't stop your laugh from escaping, "You should have seen your face!"

"That's not funny, Y/N!" he laughed with you.

"Then why are you laughing?" You sighed. "I'm really going to miss moments like this..."

"Hey, we'll just... create new ones. Even better ones."

You smiled, "I guess."

"Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"You're not going to remember any of this, right?"

"No, the Ancient One said that I would only remember my earliest memories."

"Good," and with that he cupped your face and kissed you passionately.

"Wow. You should definitely do that again. After the treatment."

"I'll make sure to."

You hugged him and you were finally ready to say goodbye to the Ancient One. Tears filled your eyes as she took your hands, and you tried your best not to let them fall.

"If I forget the time you took me traveling through the dimensions, do it again, please."

"But I thought you said you hated it," she stated in surprise.

"I hated how fast it went. But it was still amazing!" you both laughed. (oh the innuendos)

"Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

You laid down on the same bed you were before and the Ancient One performed the spell. It didn't take long for you to fall asleep, and your memories soon began to leave your grasp. Flashes of your times at Kamar-Taj flew before you, and they stopped at your childhood. A couple of tears left Wong's eyes, and Mordo comforted him. In your deep sleep, you didn't hear Stephen whisper "I love you" in your ear, and kiss your forehead. When you woke up, your vision was a bit blurry, but it soon went back to normal as you stared at the people in front of you in confusion.

"Who are you?" the dreaded words finally escaped your lips.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: (Josh) DUN DUN DUN jk What did you think?