81. Hunting The Paranormal - Luke

Start from the beginning

"WILL I RUE THE DAY TOO?" You giggled.

"YOU'LL RUE IT!" Was the last thing that you heard before he front door slammed shut. You had no idea where he was going, probably to go watch the dumb gnome.

You just shook your head as you tried to process all of the information, and then sat down on the couch. You began to think through all of what had happened in the last fifteen minutes, and some things stood out to you. First off, how disheveled Luke looked. His clothes were rumpled up and stained, and his hair was sticking up in a wild mane. When he had first started to rant about 'Gnoah', you had been too caught up in how bizarre it all was to really think about what that meant. He was obsessive. Not that his meticulous records didn't already demonstrate that.

But what he had said, also struck you. Now, you did not believe that the gnome was real, not one bit. However, he did have a point when it came to the fence. There were a select number of people who could've come in and moved the gnome, and in order to do it constantly, they'd have to be around rather often. Now who would want to drive Luke nuts by moving his gnome around all of the time?

"Y/N?! LUKE?!" You heard the door fly back open, and you stood up to go greet Ashton, who you recognized by his voice.

When you walked into view though, it wasn't just Ashton standing there, but also Calum, and Michael. Just the boy you wanted to see.

"Ashton! How are you?" You opened your arms and walked up to him, giving him a big hug which he enthusiastically returned. He was a little too enthusiastic really, when his arms wrapped around your middle and pulled you flush to him, you were pressed for air, and even swore that your feet came off of the ground.

"Wooooooow, what am I? Chopped liver?" Calum grumbled, pulling you right out of Ashton's arms and back to him.

"Hey! I wasn't done!" Ashton pouted as you greeted the Kiwi.

"Well you have to share, and I was tired of waiting," Calum shrugged, releasing you.

Michael on the other hand, didn't look at all happy to see you. He was rocking back and forth on his feet, going from his heel to his toes and back. His face was looking everywhere but at you, mostly concentrated on the ceiling.

"Michael? Are you okay?" You raised an eyebrow and looked at him expectantly.

He just pouted, glancing at you and then averting his gaze back up to the ceiling.

"Right, Michael here is why we came actually," Ashton sent his bandmate a stern look of disapproval, "is Luke around?"

"No, he said something about proving Gnoah was alive and then he stormed out," you shrugged, not looking away from fed guitarist.

"Gnoah?" Calum chuckled, "Who's that?"

You shook your head a little before answering, "the garden gnome that Luke is convinced moves all on its own."

"He named it?" Ashton said in disbelief.

"Yes, it's mildly concerning," you sighed, blowing the breath out through your nose.

"Well, I think that our buddy Michael here can set the record straight on good Ol' Noah," Calum walked over to his friend and clapped him on the back.

"Really? Why am I not surprised," you looked outwardly exasperated, but internally you were rather pleased that you had successfully called out Michael as the one who had been tormenting Luke. Not that it was truly hard to pick out the one who would do it.

"Go on Michael," Ashton nodded at him.

Looking like a guilty child, Michael started to talk, "I didn't mean to start it, I was drunk, and our buddy Niall dared me to steal Luke's garden gnome-"