77. Something Happens To You And He Gets Called Back From Tour - Michael

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Do you need help dear?" She asked, referring to getting you up onto the table.

"Yes please," you gritted out.

She smiled knowingly, and pulled out magic drawers in the base of the table that formed a mini-staircase.

Your mother and the nurse each took an arm, and gently lifted you, helping you stand up and walk up onto the table. You laid yourself down, and sighed a breath of relief.

The nurse proceeded to check your vitals, her eyebrows raised when she saw your temperature.

"The doctor will be in here soon," she wrote some things down on a clipboard and then left quickly.

"Was that a bad sign?" You groaned, talking a little bit too loudly based on the strange look your mother gave you.

"I hope not," Karen frowned slightly, pushing some hair off your forehead that had been stuck down with sweat.

"Hello," a younger woman doctor walked in and shut the door behind her, "I'm Dr. Edwards."

You smiled weakly, but didn't move your neck to look at her, and still had your sunglasses on.

"Fashion statement?" She asked, "Or is the room too bright?"

"Wayyyy to bright," you frowned.

"Hmmm," Dr. Edwards crossed to the other side of the hospital room, and tugged the curtains closed on the window. Then she dimmed the lights. "Better?" She asked.

"Yeah," you carefully lifted your arms and took off the sunglasses.

"So what's going on?" She pulled on some latex gloves and walked over to the table.

"My neck hurts, my eyes hurt, and I'm pretty sure that I'm running a fever," you sighed.

The doctor smiled comfortingly, feeling your neck.

"How does it hurt?" She asked gently probing the flesh.

"It's weird..." you let out a breath, "like stiff." You felt like you were talking louder than you should be, but it didn't sound like it.

"Stiff neck, sensitivity to light, fever," she stepped back, "we'll have to test to make sure but it sounds like Meningitis."

You furrowed your eyebrows, "ISN'T THAT LIKE? REALLY BAD?" You said very loudly. But you couldn't tell it was loud. Your ears were filled with a flat ringing sound that was slowly eating away at everything else.

"Can you hear me Y/N?" Dr. Edwards asked, walking back over.

You could kind of hear her. "A LITTLE," you replied.

"Hearing loss," she nodded, "meningitis'll do that."

You furrowed your eyebrows at your mother who was looking increasingly distressed.

"I'll admit you into the hospital and start treatment right away," she smiled at you and your mother, and sat down at the desktop computer in the room.