76. You're In/Stuck In A School Shooting - Michael

Start from the beginning

Your jaw nearly dropped, you weren't sure that he had ever raised his voice before. It was like he had snapped.

"George please-" your teacher tried to calm him down.

"NO!" He screamed and stood up, "NO MORE!" His lips curled back into a feral sneer as he put his hands under the table and promptly flipped it over.

"HEY!" Now she was upset, and walking back toward him.

But table-flipping was about to be the least of her problems. Breathing heavily, George lifted up the edge of his shirt. Tucked neatly into his waistband were two handguns.

The room collectively sucked in a breath.

Your teacher put up her hands, "George, think carefully about what you're doing."

He only laughed hollowly, "I know exactly what I'm doing." Not only was that the first time you had ever heard him speak that clearly, it was also the first time you saw George pull a gun. He reached down with his right hand to grab the handle of the one on his left side. Pulling it out in one smooth, probably practiced, movement, he held it in two hands like a professional, and pointed it right at his teacher with a livid expression on his face.

"RUN!" Someone in the front yelled.

The class stood up and all tried to run out at once, creating a jam where the group of people converged at the door.

You stood, but didn't run. You weren't sure what to do yet, run for the door, dive under a table, or even climb out the window.

Your teacher hadn't given up on her pupil yet though, as she again tried to reason with him. "Please, don't do this, there are better ways, we can get you help," she tried to reach out and touch him. Big mistake.

He pulled the trigger and she went down. You screamed, but that was all you had time for because only a second later he had turned up and the gun was facing you.

You looked at it in horror, and then over at George who was handling it.

"...please," you said weakly, eyes filling up with tears.

He blinked, and then squeezed the trigger.

A scream of agony left your throat as your left side erupted in pain. You went down, collapsing onto the dirty floor. You started shaking and gasping as the blood began gushing out of the bullet hole in your abdomen. No doubt that it had hit something important in there.

George didn't seem to notice your writhing, he just stepped over your dying body on his way out the door, apparently in the time it took you to be shot, everyone else had already left.

You heard the hard sound of the bottoms of his boots hit the ground as he walked out into the hallway. After that it only took a few seconds for more shots, and more screams.

But that wasn't what you needed to focus on. You could tell from the growing pool of blood around you that if you didn't somehow stop the bleeding, you wouldn't be around much longer. As it was, your vision was beginning to narrow and your senses dull. Your life was literally draining away with the hot, red, liquid seeping from your wound.

You maneuvered yourself so that you were laying on your back, it was a slow and painful process. When you had first gone down, you had braced yourself on your front so that your forearms hit the floor first and your belly was on the floor. But it wasn't good for breathing, or being able to check on the wound, so you had to move over. Carefully shifting your weight to your right, and relatively undamaged side, you were slowly able to turn yourself over so that you were laying completely on your right side. Gritting your teeth, you panted shallowly, and then lowered yourself the rest of the way so that you were on your back. You had to deal with the fact that you had just smeared blood all over yourself, but you could breathe a little easier now, and you also could no longer see the corpse of your science teacher, so it was better overall.