37: The Growing Hindrance

RECAP:

"This is too harsh, Alex." I said after a while.

"Yeah. It had to be. There is a reason that people in here do not mess with Logan's family. Right Alex?" Joe said smiling at Alex.

We soon reached home but the thoughts of Robert and his family did not leave my mind. I had to talk this out with John...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kept looking at the time which was passing very, very slow. My watch was running perfectly fine but the fact was my patience was tickling me every now and then didn't let me sit peacefully. I came back with Alex and Joe but it was 3 hours since then and John and Andy had not returned home yet.

"Ria, you could have joined us instead of breaking your head looking at your stupid watch." Joe called out for me when he and Alex were busy playing poker and Alex gave him a she-won't-listen look.

It was no use arguing my brothers. In another few minutes John and Andy arrived along with Leo, Logan's best friend. Unlike my presumption they came inside chatting on light topics and laughing at small jokes.

"Hey guys, hi little Ree. How are you all?" Leo asked ruffling my hair and patting on Alex and Joe's shoulders.

"Awesome, Leo. Where were you all by the way?" Joe asked and I looked straight at John waiting for him to answer.

"Oh, we were returning when we met Leo on the street. And guess what, we booked tickets for all of us for tomorrow's basketball match. Ladies' basketball match." John answered with a huge grin.

The guys howled a little in joy and excitement but I was still angry inside waiting impatiently for John's answers.

"But it can't take 3 hours John. Where were you the rest of the time?" I asked sternly.

"Ria, I already told, right. There's nothing else we did, just talked a little to that Robert guy. That's it."

"So you are saying you did not hide anything from me..." I asked John back with a demanding tone.

"Ria, leave this topic sis and give us boys some lone time, will you?" Alex said as he stood between me and John.

"But-" I said but got stopped with Alex's warning eyes. I had no choice but to go my room but my anger grew even more.

In sometime my phone rang and it was my mom's call.

"Hey mom." I said.

"My baby, how are you. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too, mom."

"You sound sad, everything ok? Did the boys say anything?"

"No mom, I am fine and they said nothing to me."

"Then is it because Garry and Sophie are coming there? Ria, I can understand that this is so hard for you. Also I can't express how much proud I am of you. But if their arrival bothers you then you know I will support you with anything you decide."

"I know mom and I am fine with their arrival. Don't worry mom."

"I love you, honey. I wish I was there. It's been long since we left Sophie's home and I miss her so much. I know, Ria that its always have been difficult for you and your brothers to understand my and your father's attachment with Garry and Sophie though Garry treated you so badly. May be that's because there was a time that we used to be a very, very happy and peaceful family. Garry and Sophie loved me like their own little sister. But things started turning bad because of Garry's constant fear and hate for his little sister. And long since then I, Harry and Sophie tried to mend things. And I am so proud of you my child that you took a step forward in your own small way. I love you so-" Mom spoke her heart out but the call got disconnected in the middle.