4 - The Separation

Edited on 1st June 2019.

Jack pushed uncle back and hid me inside his arms locking me tightly. I was so scared I buried my face into his chest. Jack pulled away only to wipe away the streak of blood off my lower lip.

"How dare you hit my little sister?" Jack spoke slowly, his eyes filled with tears and anger.

I was shocked to see Jack raise his voice and hand at uncle for the first time as he grabbed uncle's collar. "How dare you to treat my dad that way!" Gino shouted and he and Mark came forward.

I was so scared to see Jack against the three madmen alone. Joe too came running hearing all that noise and said, "stay away from my brother, you two!"

It was funny and yet a proud feeling to see Joe being the youngest and most shy amongst all of us stand for Jack.

"Joe, stay back! Get Ria in her room." Jack commanded Joe and then left uncle's collar and faced Mark and Gino, "Do you two really dare to fight me? I challenge you to stand up against me for more than two minutes."

"Stop it, all of you! And Jack, you dare to speak in front of me? Get out of my house now!!" My uncle roared. He knew that he had crossed off Jack's patience and now he could only scold Jack. He and his sons didn't stand a chance if they rose their hand on Jack.

Everyone at school and in our town knew about the fighting skills and extraordinary network. And Mark and Gino were always scared of Logan and Jack.

"Yes, Garry. It's time for us to leave." I heard Dad and everyone turned towards the door where my dad was standing.

"I came back to check on my kids and this is what I see?" Dad spoke. His voice was shaking. "Dad!!" I ran to hug my dad. "Dad I promise, I did not do anything to Mark. He only started hitting me first." I explained to my dad and Joe too stood beside him.

"I know, Ria. I trust you." Dad put me aside and stood between my uncle and Jack protecting Jack.

My dad is generally soft on the outside. But when it comes to protecting his family, he always stood tough. And this same nature flowed in my brothers' blood too.

"Jack, your mother is fine now. She might be back from the hospital in a few more days and I want her to step inside her new home when she is back. Pack your stuff." Dad assured Jack who was shocked himself.

"Harry, if you leave you won't have any partnership left in my firm either. Hope you realize that." Uncle started speaking when dad took Joe, Jack, and me in his embrace and started moving up the stairs.

"My kids are my priority, Garry, much more than your mere company and... my elder brother." When my dad spelled the last two words, I realized how much he loved his brother, just like I loved all my brothers. And my dad was losing his brother today.

I could never undo what I had done that night. I laid awake all night and with the first hit of sun-rays we started packing our bags. I always waited for the day I would leave the cursed house, but it also ached my heart as I was born and brought up in that house.

The morning was thankfully not awkward as uncle along with Gino and Mark left the house.

But it was very, very tough for dad to cool down Logan's anger when he arrived home. Logan was bursting with anger and he wanted to teach a good lesson to Mark and Gino for hurting me.

But during all of these, my best moment was when Andy gave me a long and tight hug. He usually never expresses his care for me. So I wanted to live in his brotherly hug right now.