35:The Unpleasant Reunion

Recap:

But John was smiling now. Was he actually thinking of making the deal and send me back to that hell hole were the people made me cry for years longer than I can remember?

"John before you speak anything, you have to ask Ria what she wants." Joe said and Alex and Andy nodded to it.

"But what's there to ask Ria, Joe? I have already made the decision." John said and my vision became blurry because of the tears coming off my eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I knew you would make the decision in no time, John." Uncle said smiling.

"Yes, you are right, I have decided... Ria will never ever step on your premises again!" John said loud and clear and I gasped but ofcourse in utter relief. The way John spoke it looked like he was convinced with uncle Garry. Joe came hugging me by my side. All my brothers looked happy and confident again.

"What? But why? I thought you would agree." Uncle said surprised and he looked hurt too.

"Yes, I was actually thinking to agree. Seeing aunt Milly crying so bad for us and for Ria was heart-breaking for all of us. We all know how are you and your sons. But aunt Milly, she is always like a mother to us. So I actually thought of taking my sister and my brothers to your home on weekend to bring a little smile onto aunt's face.

But now I think it would have been my worst decision. You know why, that's because of you, Uncle. You have gone so low that you have the audacity to trade for Ria's presence at your home. The same Ria on whom you could never shower your love and care, but just humiliation and hate. I feel scared and ashamed of you." John roared while he spoke in that loud voice.

Usually uncle was not a kind of person to take order or denial from others but this time he knew he was wrong. There was pure sorrow in his eyes and stood silent. I actually started feeling sorry for him but then he broke his silence, looked at me and said, "You did it again, are you happy now? Huh?"

I was dead shocked at his new allegation. He was blaming me yet again!

"Uncle, what are you saying? Why do you blame Ria, its our decision not hers." Andy said.

"Why shouldn't I? Huh? This girl, she did it again... snatching everything from me, just like your aunt Rosy.

First, my brother Harry and now my wife. Poor Milly, my innocent wife in dying everyday in vein because she loves this girl so much and I can't do anything to save her!" Uncle was screaming and he was crying too.

Yet again he accused me for things I didn't do. I felt heartbroken and all those haunting memories of my past years surrounded me.

"Uncle... I know you are distressed but in no way you should blame Ria. We are to blame if you have to." John said as he came by my side and protectively put his arm on my shoulder.

"I know that feeling, John... the protective feeling you have for your little sister. But you will know how it feels when she shames the whole family." Uncle said after a long pause, wiped his tears and turned around towards the main door.

I felt disgusted yet again. How much I wanted to shout on him for saying bad things about me, hating me, but I knew it was of no use. I, my parents, my older brothers spent years in talking him out about the way he treats me. But never in the passing years he changed, nor his hatred towards me.

"Uncle Garry, wait," Alex called out and we all looked at him, "What you said about our sister is wrong. But I am still willing to give you a chance. I would like you and aunt to spend a day here with us."