11 - The Growing Protective Realm

Happy Reading :-) :-)

Sally and I hurried to the canteen. We were already late, celebrating my first unofficial date invitation ever. Our other friends in our class, girls I meant, were looking at me like I was a clown.

I won't blame them though. They had been going for dates for half a decade, and so did Sally. But she understood my situation, thanks to my brothers. And she never left me alone in my silliness.

"Ria, don't tell anything to your brothers now about Daniel. Don't even ask for their permission. I will try to arrange for a pass for you for the party." Sally told me while we were running to the canteen and I overloaded her with loads of ThankYous and hugs. We reached the school canteen. It was large as it was common for both school and college students divided by a glass door.

Logan and Jack often used to come to our side of the canteen for lunch, provided they didn't have their full gang of guys. And sometimes I found it strange as to how each of their friends knew me, and I hardly knew a few faces. Logan would introduce only selected of his friends to me and tradition was well followed by my other brothers.

"Why were you both late, Ria? It's already 15 min past recess time." John questioned me, standing with his hands crossed. Andy and Alex, on the other hand, were giggling, standing behind John. Seeing me punished was their ultimate pleasure in life. "Ria, didn't you had to go to the staff room?" Joe eyed me from behind to tell us his excuse.

I was so thankful to have a brother like Joe, always saving me. "Oh, yes yes John. I had to meet my English teacher for some notes she promised to give me after class." I said. "Hmmm, ok. Have your lunch fast. Logan and Jack left as they have to meet dad's business clients ." John said while he bought meals me and Sally.

"Oops," Andy spoke while reading a chat on his cell. "John, I had this class scheduled with Ria, but I have my basketball practice now."

"What? Andy, can't you reschedule?" Alex said. "Guys, it's not necessary. I am not going to die in a 30 min class." I spoke up. These boys were ridiculous. "Shut up," All of the three said.

"Andy, I have maths class and Ria's having the same." This was Ray, one of the best friends of Alex and Andy. "Really? That solves the problem." Alex said smiling as if he got a million dollars on road. "Cool, Ria you can go with Ray," John said.

"Yay! My protective realm is growing and I couldn't be happier" I said, of course, a sarcasm, waving my hands over my head dramatically. "Ria behave!!" Andy said and made a face showing him a tongue out. Everyone dispersed soon and I followed Ray behind to our class.

I saw Daniel coming from the other direction. He saw me too and stood in front of me.

"Hey Ria, I didn't catch up with your cell number. Mind sharing?" Daniel asked. I already felt goosebumps on my hand. "Sure," I said. "Wait." and that was my new bodyguard, Mr. Ray, "Why do you need her number?"

"Ray, that's my number he is asking for and you don't have to get bothered." I snapped at Ray.

"Ria, I don't care if you like being tagged along with me or not, but you need to stay away from this guy else I need to call your brothers." Ray challenged me. "Its ok, Ria. Next time," Daniel said and left for his class.

I opened my mouth to scold Ray but I decided to ignore him. I headed to the class and Ray stopped me, "Ria, please talk to me. Please try to understand, he is not good for you."

"Ray, why do you have to decide what's wrong and what's right. Keep in mind Ray that you don't have any right on my lifestyle, only my brothers and my parents have. And I am listening to your shit because you blackmail me." I shot back and he pulled me back, "Ria, please, I am not blackmailing y-".