20: Farewell

Farewells, they are never good, never soothing. And today was one such day. It was time for mom and dad to leave, along with Logan and Jack.

Dad was as usual in a jovial mood. He could never make a sad face infront of us. But he would have been much better had he not called uncle Garry today. Dad called him to congratulate him on the new business uncle got, of course, because of Logan's contact. But dad didn't say a word to uncle about that.

It's true that dad didn't go to meet him because of all the fights they had, but he still loved him and cared for him. But uncle, being always the skeptic in the family, hurt dad's feelings saying that dad was just jealous of him.

But I feel only pity for Uncle Garry. He, as dad says, had become very lonely because of the increasing pressure from his clients and his own employees, and Aunt Milly too was not keeping well. She always considered us like her own family.

Mom was a good friend to her and somewhere... her illness increased because of me too. She really loved me and I knew she missed me a lot. But because of uncle Garry's ego problem, she could not meet me.

I did want to contact her but Logan never allowed that. He was hell angry at them and surprisingly, dad never objected to Logan's authority. People sometimes misjudge dad being very lenient and meek, but in actuality, he was a very strong man and equally patient.

I never saw someone as understanding and matured as my dad. I came out of my thoughts when mom was consoling dad, but now she was sad too. Afterall she was leaving behind her 5 little kids, yeah that's what she calls us even though each one of us was teenagers. We all hugged her as she kissed us all with goodbyes.

Logan and Jack too were sad but that didn't make them put off their dude-look. They half hugged John, Alex, and Andy, they even named it as the cool-bro-thing but didn't forget to revise up their responsibility, especially towards me. And how could I tell that?

Well, Keep boys out of reach, no revealing clothes, back on time and stuff can fit only for me, right? Jack had a small talk with Joe and ruffled his hair while Logan took him off the floor just with one hand. It was funny to see the oldest and the youngest brothers play-fighting each other.

"There's my little Ree!" said Jack while he and Logan came to me. Time for a little heavy talk.

"Take care of the house, take care of Joe, and let. Your.Big.Brothers.Take.Care.Of.You." Jack said and smiled at the last part. I rolled back my eyes at him. "And remember, I trust you. Always!" Jack said and he ruffled my hair and I scoffed at his. I hated when they messed up my hair and they knew it well.

"Be nice, complete your studies, have fun but with your brothers' permission." This was Logan and I stepped a foot towards Jack. Logan and I didn't have any talks after the last night's rough conversation. His scolding still had the after-effect on me.

"Aaaaand, was I too bad last night to get a hug from my baby sister?" Logan said with a bunny smile. I chuckled at his funny and childish smile and it melted my heart. I jumped over him and he easily caught me up giving me a beary- hug. He was scary, but still was my big brother and I loved him with all my heart.

The boys helped dad to settle up their luggage in his car while mum and I had a little chat on how I should not care much about my brothers' threats.

"Oh my God, why are there 7 bags when you are just 4 people?" Alex shrieked out.

"The 3 heaviest ones belong to the lady," Andy answered and he got an immediate glare from mom, so added, "that's not me, mum! Dad said so.."

"Harry..." Mom said, rising up from her seat. "What! No sweety, I can never say so. You know that, right? Andy, get your ass here right now!" Dad said and ran towards Andy and Jack helped dad by picking Andy up in one hand while playfully punching him.