10 - Cute in yellow

"Hey Ria, wake up."

"Huh?"

"Ria, are you listening? Wake up, sis." I was in a deep sleep and then a bug named Joe came to irritate me. "Joe, I slept late last night, so go away and lemme sleep."

"Ria, mom's coming and you are still sleeping?" This wasn't Joe but Alex, and Andy was standing behind. "Oh ya!! Where is John by the way?" I said, opening my eyes instantly.

"John, Jack, and dad are already on the way to get mum back home and clear up some hospital discharge policies and all that. So you better get up now." Alex replied. "Umm, carry me please.." I sang in a childish tone and lifted my hands towards them to carry me up.

"You wanna get carried? Up you go, lil Ria." Andy said this time and lifted me up in his arms. But he didn't put me down and went on walking out.

"Andy now put me down," I whined, realizing he was up to something fishy.

"You told me just to pick you up but didn't say where to put you down," Alex replied and entered into my washroom and dropped me into the bathtub. Water from it splashed all over and I was totally drenched!!

"Andy, what's wrong with you!! I will drown you alive, you jerk, punk, idiot, duffer, ...." I threw every bad word I knew but he had already run away and so did Alex and Joe, laughing aloud. I came out of the bathtub, still swearing at them, and started to get ready, after all, mom was coming back!

2 HOURS LATER

It was 8 in the morning, and Logan and Alex were busy in the kitchen. I heard they were preparing a surprise for mom. Joe and I were completing our homework while munching chittos. And our dear Andy was cleaning up the house. That's right, Logan served him a good for throwing me into the bathtub.

The doorbell rang in soon and we all hurried to the door and Alex opened it. We saw mom and we all started cheering for her. We all hugged her and brought her inside. Her expression was priceless when she saw all the decorations we had done the last night. "Thank you, my lovelies! I missed you all so much," Mom said. "We missed you too, mom." Logan hugged her and said.

Though mon was decently tall, she still looked petite inside the large arms of husky Logan. Alex swiftly went to the kitchen and came back with a big cake. It looked amazing with the chocolate layer and cherries on the top. Mom looked amazed again and started saying stuff like, it was not needed and how much she loved us and it meant a lot for her until Andy blurted out, "Mom, please cut the cake now else I will eat all of it!!" We all started laughing. The cake was cut and we started our endless talk and the whole cake was finished in the next few minutes. Mom then asked, "Now you all tell me, how were your last few days?"

I started with "Mom, Alex and Andy bugged me a lot. They even put me into the bathtub!"

And then started the famous Wilson chaos.

"No, Mom! Ria pulled my hair!"

"Joe bit me, mom!"

"No, I didn't, mom. Alex hid my stamp collections first."

"Because you didn't complete your homework."

"Mom, Logan made me clean the entire floor!!"

"And mom, Logan didn't give me to eat."

"Hey, you!! Mom, I took care of them well. Jack ruined my white shirt!!"

"Hey!! That's my shirt!"

We went on and mom went to dad and said, "I am so proud of you. Honey. You managed well, taking care of these 7 little monsters all alone." Dad smiled and replied, "Huh, It was a cakewalk, dear. Can't you see how innocent and quiet they all are!!" He said this and they both started laughing, seeing at us.