17 - Detention

The next morning went as usual. John woke me up and Joe and Andy tried to jump on me, but I out-smarted them today. I wrapped up 3 big pillows with a bedsheet on my bed and hid inside the washroom.

So when Andy and Joe jumped on the bed, thinking I was inside, I poured a mug full of water on them and I flee away.

That's right, it was now my turn to laugh at them. Haha!

I came down in my pajamas and tank top and found everyone in the hall. "Alex, I have prepared food for you guys for the next few days and you have enough snacks and icecreams inside the fridge, so no fighting." Mom said to Alex with eyes bulging out in a sign of warning while dad and Logan were giving instructions on managing finances to John while they were gone. "Hey Ria, come over, set over the plates for breakfast, honey," Dad said and I nodded.

But suddenly my pony was pulled down hard and I shrieked. It was none other than Andy. "Andy, what nuisance are you creating? Say sorry to your sister." Mom said sternly and Andy mouthed sorry but also made a face in front of me.

"You Idiot!!" I said this and launched at him and started hitting him with a scoop I found on the table. Andy started running but I chased him in every direction he ran.

"Run, Andy! Run for your life!! Ria, don't let leave him this time!" Alex and Joe didn't lose a single instance and commented on every move we made. Logan and Jack were least bothered with what was happening and John was helping dad with breakfast and didn't even look back at us. But mom could never ignore her kids going crazy in their lives.

"Ria, Andy stop right now. And Ria, how many times more do I have to tell you that you won't hit your elder brothers!!" Mom shouted at us and we finally stopped running, so did Joe's and Alex's commentary.

Mom supported me the most whenever my brothers tried to make my life hell, but the rule, don't hit your elder brothers took away my mom from me.

"But, Mom, Andy pulled my hair!" I whined and mom made a face of I-don't-want-to-listen-anything. "He told you sorry, didn't he?" Mom replied and Andy stuck out his tongue at me.

"And you, Mr. Andy Miller Wilson, I have had enough of your mischief. No more now, and everybody, go and get ready for school." Mom instructed all of us and we all went silent.

"Honey, don't be so angry-" Dad came to mom to cool her down but mum didn't leave him to go unpunished. "Don't honey me, Harry. It's all because of you, can't you discipline them, huh?" Mom shouted at dad too and we all giggled at that and this cooled mom's anger too.

We quickly had our breakfast and mom and dad left for some work they had to finish before leaving Beaufort. I went back to my room and quickly opened my dresser to change into a school fit. Red no, purple no, brown nah... umm, yellow...

"You are looking cute though in yellow".

A smile spread across my face as Daniel's words rang in my head and I immediately chose a yellow top over a black trouser. I pulled up a pony and realized I had grown my hairs, my pony crossed my shoulders. I put light make-up and ran down with my bag pack and heard Logan talking to John.

"John, Jack and I are going out for some work but we will come back shortly and stay at home as we have to submit our project work by today. So, I want you to be careful, and any problem you face, you call me. And keep a watch on Ria. " John nodded to it.

Joe came to me near the stairs and said to me, "Ria, don't be mad at Andy. The 2 hulks were leaving us for a few weeks and you can take your revenge on Andy." I smiled back at him.