26: The Perfect First Dance

Edited on 24th June'19

We were just a door away and Daniel pushed that and I came to know what it took to be called a college-guys area. The music was different from what was getting played outside and it felt like I was in a live Enimen's show. It shook my core with the beat thuds. And more than that the crowd felt massive. The guys had big vodka bottles in there hand, drinking it, upside-down. It seemed like a competition. Girls looked like goddesses from ramp walk in ultra-small clothes.

People were smooching rough in public. They were even making out, in open! At some corner, I was witnessing Hollywood style serious fights and people around were looking least bothered. That's right, fights were going on in open and there was no bouncer allowed in this area.

Suddenly I understood why Logan never introduced his friends to me in parties. I clutched Daniel's hand so tight that even he noticed my fear. He looked at me, assuring all would go well, but I could not help my eyes wandering through the fights, the vodka competition, and the make outs. I thought of asking him to go back to our innocent world outside but Daniel pulled me through the middle of the crowd. I tried to stop him but he didn't stop. He pulled me through a corner staircase and we hopped on that crossing three floors until we reached an open passage. We could still hear the music here but it faded a lot and there was hardly a person here. We crossed the passage and we reached the roof. It was so quiet here and the black sky with dark-grey clouds looked awesome.

"This place?" I asked Daniel, trying to break the uncomfortable silence.
"Yes. This is not the terrace but the lower floor. People won't come here, nor will your brother."
"You must be thinking silly of me getting scared of my brother" I whispered.
"Nope, I know how brothers can be asses. I have a small brother too and he hates me like hell." Daniel chuckled.
"Sorry, I ruined your party. We hardly have music here or lights.."

"Hmm, lemme see," Daniel said and lit on his cell LED and started shuffling through his cell when a track of 'Give me love' by Ed Sheeran started playing. I smiled at that when Daniel extended his right hand to me and said, "May I have the honors, Mam?" I giggled and casually gave my hand to his and he swirled me in his arms, holding my back firm.

I was never this close to a guy in my life before. Call me a drama queen but now I truly felt the way Anne Hathway felt in Princess Diaries. We were dancing, or to correctly phrase it, Daniel guided me elegantly through different dance moves and I struggled badly, mostly because of my poor dancing skills and partly because of Sally's High heels which my brothers didn't notice and I could have had something of a party type apart from my junk dress.

But Daniel's sturdy hold saved me every time I stumbled. He was a heck of a patient guy to guide me perfectly through the art to swirling while holding his fingers and within minutes I was dancing way better than I ever did. It went for a while but it felt eternity for me. We laughed at his silly jokes and of course my silly dancing skill.

The only worm in a pie was Sally who was ruining my moment by texting me about my whereabouts every now and then. Frustrated, I switched off my cell and continued my skill-less dance.

The breeze was cold and Daniel took off his jacket and put it on me.

"What?" He asked when I stood still with a funny smile.

"The other day, you said you are a womanizer. You can be anything but a womanizer," I said in plain voice and I found Daniel amused. "What?" I asked in return.

"That's just your judgment. The fact is you know nothing about me, Ria." Daniel replied.

"Then tell me all. I want to know everything about you," I said that and we stopped dancing, but we still held each other close.