18 - Dancing With The Paints

Edited on 21st Jun '19

The class ended and I was the first one to storm out of the class, after the teacher of course. Alex was sure not a hulk but could fit very well for Wolverine in terms of his anger.

"Ria wait, what was that?"

-"What?"

-"Don't act smart, you can't pass a class without getting detention? Huh?"

-"Alex, you are talking as if I get detentions every day. And this is only my second this year."

-"Don't defend yourself. That's ok. John will handle you well. Come to the canteen. We'll talk there."

"Alex, wait..." I cried but he stormed towards the canteen. It was going to be tough facing John.

I stood there fretting about the scoldings I was going to get from John when I saw Rini smiling at me cheerfully. "Wow, that was so touchy!!" Rini cooed to me while she came near me.

"What was touchy, Rini?" I asked her. "The way your brothers take care of you and love you." She said while hugging herself. This girl really had gone mad. "Rini, you call this love? Can't you see how my brothers are always present to ruin my life?" I said, a little bit dramatically, pointing towards the way Alex left. "I will die to have such brothers in my life too!!" Rini cooed and I rolled my eyes at her and left for the canteen. It was a waste of time to argue with her.

"Hey, Ria! Wassup?" Sally came hopping to me. "Nothing..." I replied dejectedly.

"Tell me, Ria, what can I do for you to make you cheerful?" Sally said while tapping on her happy dance. "Yeah, you can change your gender to a boy and flee me away from my family," I said and winked at her and we both laughed at that.

We walked casually to the canteen where we saw John fuming. "What am I hearing, Ria! You got detention the second time this year!" John said in a full sarcastic way. I didn't say anything and Sally blurted out, "John, it was that Rini's fault, not Ria's."

"Whatever it may be, you deserve punishment. You will cook today's dinner." Andy said with a devilish smile. "What? You just want to annoy me and nothing else." I huffed.

"Shut up, you idiot!" Andy shouted at me. "Andy, stop. Ria, as said, you will prepare today's dinner," John said and I opened my mouth to protest but John stopped me, "and Andy will do the dishes." John ended and Sally and I did our happy dance. Andy was fuming and Alex and Joe couldn't hide their giggles.

"But the problem is mom, dad, Logan, and Jack will leave today, and now you have ended up with detention," John said with huffs. "John..., you, Alex, Joe, and Andy please leave for home. Tell mom and dad that I had some extra classes and I will come soon after the detention is over." I said reassuring John.

"John, I think it's a good idea." Joe backed me up and John nodded thoughtfully.

Soon we dispersed to our classes after the recess, and thankfully Joe partnered me in the rest of the classes. After the classes, all my brothers left soon, but not before lots of

"If you face any problem, call us", "wait for us" and "don't roam alone" and more never-ending stuff like that. I was left alone. I felt so angry at this point at Rini. She not only got me detention but punishment too for preparing dinner.

I hopped towards the wall to be painted beside our classes. It was a good initiative from our school authority to spare a large, long wall where students would paint beautiful pictures or draw funny cartoons, though I literally sucked at it. Anyways, the school authority decided to repaint it to white and start over with fresh art on it. And that's how detainees like me ended up here.