27: The Lie, The Truth, And The Mess

Happy Reading :)

If you had to perform in a concert and you needed a beatbox like right now, you can use me for sure because that loud and fast my heartbeats were throbbing now. The darkness in the surrounding made it very difficult for me to know who my killer was and the slow but dangerous footsteps were killing me more every instant.

I jumped a foot away from Danie as if that was going to help me out. Daniel sure, stood puzzled, looking turn wise at me and then at the unknown person.

"Ray..?" I finally took a sigh of relief after the crazy long ten seconds seeing Ray.

"Ria!! What the hell are you doing here when your brothers are searching for you frantically!" Ray shot at me and I stepped back, close to the wall, seeking its protection but that didn't calm down Ray and he continued, "And why you are here with Daniel? Were you two...? Tell me why are you with him?" Ray grabbed my arm tight and Daniel stepped in the pushed Ray hard enough to make him leave my arm.
"I don't know who you are and neither do I care. But right now she is with me and you can't treat her this way." Daniel stood between me and Ray with his hands folded.

"..She is with you? Dude, do you even realize that she is a minor and you are a fucking senior."

"..Good, you know that that I am your senior too and you have to be anything but stupid if you mess with me."

Oh, fuck!

"..Daniel, you may be my senior but you are in this town hardly for a year. I grew up here, Daniel. So don't try to use your seniority as your trump card on me and besides, I am not the one whom you are messing with. You are messing with Logan, my dear friend and you shouldn't risk your career and life messing with him. I hope you know that if you actually have been on this ground for last one year." Ray's voice roared through the silence and the way he described Logan spread shivers through my spine.

"Logan Wilson. Ria... Wilson? Ria, you are Logan's baby sister?" Daniel murmured in a slow pace and then turned to face me and I couldn't utter a word.

"Woah, you don't even know that? How long have been with him Ria? A few minutes? Well, that explains everything." Ray said sarcastically. Daniel kept quiet. We both knew that I had cheated him. It was sure not a big deal like carrying another affair secretly but hiding the fact that I was Logan's sister did make it a big deal.

I tried to step forward towards Daniel, explaining him the valid reasons but I found my self dragged towards the terrace entrance by Ray. "Daniel!! I didn't want to... Ray, let go of me!!" I frantically struggled under Ray's grip but nothing affected him. But I felt the real pain when Daniel stood there still and didn't even utter a word to save me from Ray like he did in the first place.

"Don't you look back, Ria. Not after what you have done. I never expected this from you." Ray said when we came to the stairs. I could soon hear the faint music coming from downstairs but I don't know why my irritation level reached its limit.

"And who the hell do you think you are to enter into my life just like that?" I snapped, jerking off my hand from his grip with all the strength that I had.

"..Ria, do you even realize what are you saying and what you were doing there? I warned you before, Daniel is not a good guy. He could have hurt you and worse, used you!"

"So, why do you have to care?" I said casually, looking straight into his eyes and I got the reaction I wanted from him, hurt.

Ray inhaled deeply, sipping in his anger and said, "Look, Ria, I know you are angry on me because I didn't believe on you before and today I dragged you this way. But you have to trust me on this. I did this because I care about you and I know that you also care-" Ray was speaking when I snapped at him.