16- The Warning

Hey guys, here goes another update, I know a little bit late, but I hope you like it. 

Please do comment and vote and keep loving the story. :) :) :)

==========================================================================

We reached home back from the parlor. It was quite late now and we all were tired. I ran up first to the stairs. I had had enough exhausting conversations with Mark and needed a quiet sleep now. And I was thankful enough to Joe for not asking me any questions related to Mark. He mouthed goodnight and went into his room.

Beeeeep. 1 message from Sally?

Sally: "Hey Ree, what's up? Btw, I gave your no to Daniel. ok bye."

Omg!! What is this girl doing? I instantly deleted the message, I didn't want any more unwanted attention from my brothers. "What are you looking at your cellphone so intently? Show me." Andy came from behind and snatched my cellphone!

"Hey, I told you I don't like that, return it now!!" I shouted but he started looking at my messages. "Hmm, I don't see anything suspicious. Here." He handed it to me.

Thank Goodness I deleted Sally's text. "By the way, where have you been with Joe for so long, before?" Alex came along and asked me lowering his nose. "That's none of your business," I said plain, ignoring his interrogations.

"It is his damn business, Ria," Logan said while he climbed up the stairs and Jack was coming behind him. Omg, the Hulk is here!!! I gulped and backed out a step. "I gave you some instructions, Ria before we went to the parlor. Was I not clear enough or you thought I'm not serious." He asked in plain voice but bold enough to scare the shit out of me.

"Answer me!!" He raised his voice a little and I nodded my head.

"You will obey your older brothers in my absence." He said. "But what about my privacy?" I whined. "Your security is more important for me than your Goddamn privacy. So suck it up. And if I ever find this repeating you will have to answer me. Back in your rooms all of you. Come, Jack, we need to pack for tomorrow." Logan said and went inside his room.

"No one trusts me in this house," I whispered to myself. "No, Ria. Never think so." Jack came to me placing his hand on my head. "We all trust you and I trust you more than anyone else in this house. But surely we don't trust some jerks at your school. Remember, you told me you wanted to help, you can help us all by following what Logan has told us. Agree?" He cooed and I nodded to him. He put a peck on my forehead and went to Logan's room. I saw Andy and Alex snickering at me crookedly.

"So I guess she's following every single order from us from today." Alex grinned, looking and Andy and Andy winked back at him. I huffed in defeat and anger, I even didn't want to look at them right now.

"Ria, go get me some cold water if you want to avoid punishment," Andy said to me, crossing his hands and I was fuming. "Alex, Andy, get your asses back inside your room if you want to avoid stitches on them!" It was Jack's voice coming from his room and Alex and Andy both fled to their room.

I dragged myself to my room and fell on my bed. I felt terrible with everything going on right now. And I was unable to forget Mark's words. They were tearing me apart. I wanted a shoulder to cry on but I decided to be strong about it. Besides, mom and dad were leaving tomorrow and I didn't want them to change their plans or feel sorry.

"Can I come in?" It was John's voice and I sat up and called him inside.

He sat by my side. I hoped he didn't want to lecture me this time on the new rules.

"You ok?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I replied.

"But I heard you had a small discord with Logan and Jack.." He asked me casually.

"Why do you ask me when you already know what happened?" I yelled at him.

"Don't use that tone with me, young lady." He shot back and I sat quietly and he huffed.

"I am sorry, Ria. I didn't mean to shout at you." He said with a smile.

"Are you here to scold me?" I blabbered.

"Aagh, maybe.." I grinned.

"John..." I whined.

"Ok ok. I am here to talk to you. It's sudden for all of us and I have to know what's in your mind. So you tell me your problems and we will try to figure out a solution." He said. "I hate Alex and Andy and they have already started using their full power on me."

-"Uh-huh?"

-"They are gonna give me a hard time for the next few weeks. See that's my problem, so what's the solution to this?"

-"It's very simple, Ria."

-"Really, what's that?"

-"Well, just follow whatever they instruct you."

"John... This is no solution. I knew you won't help me." I snorted and I turned my face away from him. "Alright, don't fret, I was just kidding. Ok, let's make a deal here." He said while pulling me back. You can come to me straight if those two messes with you or ask you to follow silly instructions." He said and I jumped to him, hugging him tightly. "Thank you, John!" I was so relieved.

"But..., apart from that, you should follow all their instructions because I will be in the senior building and their building is nearer to you. So you agree with this?" He asked. "Yeah, agreed," I said and he stood up on the floor. "One thing more, don't worry about Mark's threats," John said and I gasped. "How do you know?" I asked him instantly.

-"Do you think we won't look out for you? And I very well suspected that you went back to talk to Mark"

"But I didn't see you around," I said while trying to recall if I had seen him near.

"I followed you from distance, Ria. I thought you needed a space and a closure to your questions and past. I know how important this was for you." John said that and I hugged him back. John was always very thoughtful and I appreciated that he gave me that space tonight.

"Is my love sleeping already?" Mom said while she entered the room. "No, ma, I am not," I said and went to her. "Came here to give you the goodnight kiss. God, I am going to miss you so much!" She kissed on my cheek and tucked me inside the sheets.

She started telling me all the different stories from the hospital's staff and the patients and I complained to her about all my brothers. John snorted when his turn came and mom shooed him away. We talked for almost an hour long and I didn't realize when fell deep asleep.

<3 <3