T H I R T Y O N E

Shawn:

I kissed Venus's forehead, she looked beautiful sleeping. I cautiously slipped out of the bed, hoping that Venus's senses weren't active. Venus moved and rolled over, placing her hand on where I had been. I made a small fire ball, one that she could hold in her hand. I placed it in the palm of her hand and she pulled it close to her. She's odd, but that's why I love her.

"I love you Venus" I whispered before grabbing my shoes, and coat and running out the door

I went in through the woods, stealthily moving through the trees and barely making a sound. I couldn't help it, I had to check... I had to see. What if she wasn't there? Aaliyah... She brought Venus and I together with her little promise of hope. If she was hurt, or in some possible danger, its my fault. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she died. I slowed my pace down as I got close to the edge of the town. I peeked out of the edge, the market place was empty and dimly lit. I stepped out and ran up to a building, alright I haven't done his in a while... I jumped up and focused my energy on staying in the air... Stay suspended Shawn, you can do this.. And it happened. I wasn't falling to the ground! I flew up and landed on the top of the building. No more flying, I still have yet to control that. I walked across the roof to see the distance I had to jump to the next building.. Not that much. I backed up before running and jumping. I landed on the opposite roof and didn't bother to stop, I just kept running and jumping. My house was near the center of the city, but on an elevated level. I felt adrenaline pump through me, the wind blowing in my face and my body felt like it was flying in the air. I let out a little laugh, this felt good! I closed and opened my eyes, oh crap... I tried to stop but I was going way to fast, I was forced to jump and tumble through an open window. I landed on my back and all the wind was knocked out of me. I groaned as I stood up, where was I? My eyes widened when I realized, I was in my room! I had done it! I was back home! I heard footsteps come up the stairs, crap I got to hide! I crawled under my bed and held my breath, maybe they'll not come in here. My door opened, oh god...

"Did you hear that?" Mum?

"Look its only the pot" I heard Dad say

I looked back and saw that on the floor was a flower pot that must've also fallen when I landed in.

"Oh okay, come on" I heard Mum say

I heard the window close then footsteps leading out of the room. They left the door open, perfect cause my door squeaks. I climbed out from under the bed and cautiously creeped out of my room. I checked the halls, no one. I went to my right, and down the hall to Aaliyah's room door. I held my breath, she could be here, she could not. I carefully wrapped my fingers around the door knob and slowly opened the door. At first all I saw was her bed. Her empty, still made bed. My heart began to race as I continued to open the door all the way, she wasn't here.

"Shawn?" I heard a whisper say

My head snapped in the direction of Aaliyah's window where she sat in her pajama gown. She ran up to me and hugged me, my breathing slowing down as I hugged her back. She was alive, and looking okay.

"Oh Aaliyah your okay" I whispered

"Of course I'm okay Shawn, why wouldn't I be?" she asked in her perfectly soft calm voice

I looked around and shut the door, wouldn't be wise to keep it open. I looked out the window and shut it, just as a helicopter passed by. I drew the curtains and turned around to see a confused Aaliyah.

"Shawn what's going o-"

"Aaliyah listen to me. I'm here to save you"

She stared at me blankly.