T W O

Venus:

I ran, the dirt kicking up and getting stuck between my toes. The plants started to move out of my way and flowers grew under my hands as I passed by. I felt the urge to run faster and leaped forward taking a deer down and rolling a few feet. I held the deer down by instinct and Jack came and took care of the rest. I panted and wiped my face from sweat with my arms.

"It's a good hunt" Jack barked licking his lips from blood

"It is huh? Dads gonna enjoy dinner tonight" I said with a smile

We had to hunt our own meat because we lived so far away and couldn't risk staying in the city. It was mostly because of me but everyone thinks my dads a crazy scientist that lives ontop of a hill in creepy house. Well my dads an inventor for the districts, not a scientist. Although he likes charting the stars so it makes him a semi scientist. Nobody knows he has kids and were in charge of keeping it that way. He was to stay as the guy who lived alone and built projecters and things to be spread through out the districts. I picked up the deer carcass and slung it over my shoulders. I was always in charge of the hunt because Nick was to wimpy to kill an animal. Everytime I hunted this instinct took over me from the time of the chase to killing the animal. I started to walk by, admiring the flowers I had caused to grow. I stepped over some poison Ivy and ducked under some poison oak. I might be able to control plants but it doent mean im not affected by them, although im not completely hurt by them. Nick wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a poisonous plant and a normal one, that's how dumb he is. I walked up the hill and could feel the deer blood dripping down my back. It kind of made me proud, like the leader of the pack who had its enemy blood rolling down its fur. Yes that's how it felt, it felt like a sign of dominance. Nick came out and his eye widened as I smiled, dropping the deer on the ground.

"I don't know how you do that" he said covering his mouth

I shrugged and started to drag the carcass to the slaughter house.

"Im just manlier than you" I shouted back at him

I entered the little shack and laid the deer on the butchering table. Nick walked in and I could see him trying not to gag.

"Whatcha doing in here?" I asked sharpning the machete I was going to use.

"Im manly enough to watch, im older" he said leaning against the wall arms crossed

I shook my head and laughed.

"And im younger, a girl, and have more witts" I saidblowing on the newly sharpened blade

He swallowed hard as I aligned the long blade with the neck and swung down causing blood to splatter and the head to roll onto the floor. He covered his mouth as the deers eye rolled to the back of its head.

"There a bucket in the corner" I said pointing to the corner with the bloody knife.

He nodded and I could here him vomiting. I shook my head. Although hes been alive two years longer than me which ment hes survived two years longer of reaping, I had no idea how he would survive if he was ever reaped and had to play the games. I grabbed a smaller knife and started to cut along the stomach line to gut the animal.

"I don't know how you do that" I heard him say

"I just can, it comes naturally to me" I said removing several organs and throwing them into a bin.

He sat down in a chair and watched me as I continued to cut and slice, turning the deer into slices of meat and hide. I hung up the main body upside down and let the blood drip out completely. I wiped my hands on my ragged brown clothes I used for hunting. Usually I wore black, gray, or white because those were the districts colors. See every district had a trait or 'Faction'. Some might be better at hunting than other, or more honest, something along those line. Anyway they each have a color to go along with there faction. District Twelve was the mystery district. No one knew what was going to come out of it, so our colors were just as mysterious as the planet itself. By anything can come out of it I mean like, District One has the farming faction so you would expect crops and things like that to come from it, well in District Twelve we have a whole farming division that's just as good as Distrcit Ones planet. I turned around to see Nick just staring at the blood on my clothes.