F I V E

Venus:

Shawn and I were led to the ship station that was connected to the main government building in the city. He tried to make small talk but I wasn't having it. My instincts were on alert and I didn't have time to talk. What if I had to run? If I was talking I would probably make a wrong move and end up dead, or just have no chance of escape. The ship was huge and I immediately recognized the engines as one of the most powerful engines ever, powered by electricity and gas, making it capable of traveling thousands of light years at a time with no break. Yeah I know, im a total geek, but it's the small things that count. My lip ached and as we boarded the ship I saw my reflection and realized it had swollen up somewhat. I the bottom half of my face in my jumper as we were led to a cabin room. I immediately stopped hiding and our jaws dropped. The room was luxurious, red velvet cushions and a snack bar. We were pushed in and told to wait as the door slammed shut.

"You lip doesn't look so good" Shawn said worriedly

"Its fine, im sure it will go down" I said with a shrug

I looked around to see if there was a plant in here or something I could get some healing nutrients from. I spotted a small plant in the corner and began to walk around the room, slowly making my way to the plant.

"This place is amazing" I said looking up at the chandelier that hung on the ceiling

Shawn just nodded his head and watched me move around the room, which kind of scared me. What did he want? You know how dogs can sense fear, well us canines can sense emotion, and I was receiving a scared/interested vibe from him. I finally got to the plant and turned my back on it, putting my hands behind my back.

"Damn, I cant believe this is happening" He said slumping down into one of the red cushioned arm chairs.

I sighed and made one of the leaves behind my back wrap around my hand, I immediately felt the nutrients go through my body.

"Well, it is.. But I'm sure we'll make it out alive" I said, pulling away from the plant who didn't want to let go

The plant grew back to normal and I sat in an arm chair beside Shawn.

"But only one of us gets to go home" he said with a frown

I opened my pocket and took out what his sister gave me. It was a purple flower, like the ones I used to grow around my house as a child. They have always been my favorite and a note his sister, Aaliyah, had left me said that they were his also. I realized that it was wilting slowly so I gave a burst of life before showing it to him.

"Aaliyah said, In times where you needed hope, to show you this" I said holding out the flower which made him smile

"And why would she give this to you?" he asked taking the flower from my hand

"Because I made her a promise I intend to keep" I said looking down at my feet

And that promise included my death and him going back home. Shawn looked at me questioningly and just as he was going to speak, the door opened and in stepped Felicia

"Hello darlings!" she said, one hand raised, as she walked to a chair like she was the queen of England, wherever that may be.

She went up the snack bar and pressed a button on the side. Shawn and I jumped slightly when a wiring sound was heard and suddenly, the top slid open and suddenly, the whole snack bar was full. I realized a 'Woah' as she grabbed a cup of tea and walked towards us, sitting in a chair across from us.

"That's the technology we have these days kids" she said sipping on her tea

"So my little kittens," she started