F O U R T E E N

Venus:

"Shawn shut up" I growled as we hung upside down on a tree branch

Were currently hunting and because Shawn does better up high and were upside down for no good reason. Shawn aimed his arrow at the deer who was currently just grazing in a clearing. Just as Shawn was about to let go and fire when by sudden instinct I stuck my hand out and pushed the bow down.

"Venus what th-" he started off before I covered his mouth with my hand

Max Stanley from District 2 came into the clearing right after shooting the deer. My muscles tensed up and I turned invisible. Shawn looked over to where I should be and gave me a 'What the heck!' look. I was worried as Max looked around, he might see us! I was clutching Shawn's arm when I felt a new sensation go through my arm and down to Shawn just as Max looked in our direction. I looked and realized Shawn had disappeared also! The bow and arrow had disappeared also so Max hadn't noticed anything strange. He began to drag the deer out of the clearing and once I was sure he was out of distance I let go of Shawn and we both became visible.

"You can turn other things invisible huh?" he asked as we sat up on the branch, trying to let our blood circulate through our body from going down to our heads.

"I actually didn't know I could" I said letting my sense come back from being numb

We both climbed down and went down to the river, even though I've had enough of it for the day. I let Shawn fish while I just sulked in the shadows, waiting for him to come out so I could terrify him. The arena had already become a seconded home to us, except it was like a zombie survival movie where we fought for space and food so we could survive the zombies. This time we were trying to survive the council who were doing the best to kill us, which makes zombies sound better. Shawn came back, a basket I made full of fish. He walked towards me and looked around, looking around to find me. I got ready and just as I was about to lunge forward he grabbed me and pulled me out of the shadows. Because I had so much force stored up, when he grabbed me it was with much more force than intended so we ended up rolling across the bank. We were both covered in mud and he was towering over me. Our eyes locked and he used the pad of his thumb to wipe away some of the mud on my cheek. We heard a rustle from the bushes and our heads snapped to the side. He helped me up and we ran all the way back to the cave with our newly cached fish, completely ignoring the moment we had in the mud. Once there Shawn began to set up the fire while I skinned the fish. After Shawn began to roast the fish and I tried getting the mud off of me. I realized my suit had several holes in it, shouldn't it have defected after it broke? I started to get uncomfortable and as if the plants had read my mind, they wrapped around me and lifted me off the ground.

"S-stop! Ahh oh my gosh stop that tickles" I squealed as I felt the plants move all over, cutting and snipping

Shawn came running over when he heard me laughing. He raised an eyebrow as the plants flipped me over

"What are you doing?" he asked as the plants went through my hair

"I don't know! Its doing it all on its own!" I said as the plants moved around again, flipping me over

"So your saying plants have a mind of there own?" he asked as the plants began to set me down.

"Yes!" I said as I stumbled forward after they let me go

His jaw suddenly jaw dropped and I raised an eyebrow

"What?" I asked

He shook his head and blushed slightly. I raised an eyebrow and the breeze blew, causing me to shiver slightly. Wait... I have long jumper on why am I cold? I looked down and my eyes widened. The plants had cut the jumper short and intertwined small leaves and plants inside to hold the material as it cut. It had turned it into a shirt and pants and I looked shockingly amazing! But wait that's not my goal, my goal is to protect myself long enough to protect Shawn, how is my body supposed to be protected in this? But then again, warriors wear something similar.