T E N

Venus:

Shawn was staring down at me as I gave out a slight whimper.

"Venus what happened to "We would both make it out alive"? What happened to have hope, where going to make it back?! You cant make promises you cant keep! When I die out there, what's Aaliyah going to think?! She would be even more heart broken, with the thought that you didn't fulfill your promise probably affecting her whole entire life!" he yelled

"If you die Shawn, if! And if you do die, luckily its on live television so she cant say I didn't even try! The fact that you were even reaped changed her whole life!" I suddenly shouted back, standing up from my bed to face the fire within

"And what about your own family huh? What are they going to think when they find out you just gave up your life for someone you don't even know?!" he asked crossing his arms

"One, my family doesn't care! In fact my family is and old 12 year old wolf, an over protective father, and annoying and extremely dumb older brother! I affected there whole life and they would do better off without me! You actually have a family that would be majorly affected by your death! Two, I met you once before Shawn! Twice actually! And what happened to, "I help you, you help me?"" I said, my heart beating faster as he just shook his head

"Just stay away from me! I don't need your blood on my hands because you decided to listen to my sister" he said tossing my bag onto the bed and taking his own and leaving the room.

Once the door slammed shut I began to whimper. I had literally fought with that one guy, I have to admit, am attracted to. I slumped onto my bed and looked down at my necklace. I remembered this was my life, and I had it in the palm of my hand. I stared at the Venus charm. This was probably all I had to remind me that I was special, to remind me off home... What was I going to do now? My first step into society and I made a promise to a little girl who cherished her older brother. I would probably beg someone to do the same for Nick if I wouldn't do it, even If he isn't bright. Shawn was right and so was Jacob, I shouldn't make promises I cant keep. But its not like I cant keep the promise, its just a matter of trying. Shawn wouldn't have my blood on his hands, not if I could help it. I mean my original plan was to free for all, then it turned into protecting him, and now its both. All of this is my plan, he has nothing to do with it, and its not like my dad would kill him. He would just drag me out of the grave and kill me again. I opened my bag and found the withering and wilted purple flower. I held it in my hands and laid down on the bed, staring at the flower. My fist tightened around it and when I opened them, there was a beautiful purple shinning flower. I felt drained of energy as I dozed off flower in hand and Aaliyah's voice running through my head saying "Hope".

***

My eyes fluttered open and I was immediately greeted by a bunch of purple flowers. I sat up and my eyes widened as I looked around, vines of plants everywhere with purple flowers on them. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw the end root of a plant. I looked at it strangely, I have never experienced anything like this ever, where the plants actually had a mind. I saw as the root wrapped around the bunch of flowers that had greeted me and gave them to me. I took them and looked down at the beautiful bunch of flowers it had picked for me.

"T-thank you" I stuttered as the root snuggled up against me

I suddenly herd the ding of the elevator and I was suddenly flung around. My eyes were wide as I was suddenly thrown into the middle of the room, my game clothes on and hair done, flowers in hand and not one trace of the roots and plants anywhere. My door opened and I snapped out of the small trance I was in as Jacob stood in the door way.

"Flowers? Where did you get those from? Never mind lets go" he said motioning me to follow.

I spotted the root under the bed and I quickly flicked my hand towards Jacob which sent the root flying to Jacobs leg and dragging him back in.