S I X T E E N

Shawn:

*Listen to I Don't Want To Live Forever by ZAYN Fet. Taylor Swift while reading, makes it more depressing*

I opened my eyes and saw Venus fall to the ground. Max was in shock at her sudden action and I flew in on the moment. I quickly grabbed my knife and flung it at him, hitting him square in the chest. His gun clattered to the ground and he looked down at his chest. His body fell back and off the platform in to the raging flames bShaelow. My eyes went down to Venus's limp body on the floor, the flames suddenly seezed to exsist as my mind came to realize what had just happened. Venus had took the gun shot for me... Max was dead and I was the last one alive... I ran to her and fell to her side, picking up her limp body and cradeling her in my arms. Her leg was bleeding out and the shot had hit her stomach area. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as her face went colorless and her eye remained shut.

"No, Venus!" I whispered

I balled my fist up and winced as I realized Max had cut y hand during our battle. My tears fell on Venus and I was covered in her blood... She died to fufill her promise, which I tried to avoid... And now her blood was on my hands. My hands traced her necklace and her heart stone rested in my hands. The once bright red gem had gone dull, losing its color. She was gone... I clutched the gem and began to sob. I lost the love of my life, why cant she just come back home... Come back to me..

"Venus.. Venus, don't leave me.." I whispered, moving the hair out of her face

"And that's the End of the 71st annual Games! Shawn Mendes you are the winner!" I heard the announcer say and one of the pods open up

I shook my head. What was the use? She was gone and I had to go home. I looked down at Venus and wiped my tears with my sleeve. I kissed her cold lips, knowing that that kiss was going to be the first and the last. Suddenly I felt a hand on my neck and Venus kiss back. I pulled away to see Venus's eyes flutter open, her heart stone shining bright again with some stains of my blood on it.

"V-venus?!" I asked as she gave me a weak smile

"Mm I don't think im ready to die just yet" she said

I looked down at her fatal wound and saw it was gone, except for the stab in her leg. I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"I don't know wwhat would've happened if you were really gone for good" I whispered

"You could go home" she whispered back in more like a whimper

"Whats home without you?" I asked looking into her soft hazel eyes

I helped her up and the platform lowered bringing us back to normal level. Suddenly rain clouds formed and the pod back home closed.

"We were only going to allow ONE special to live" we heard Harriett say as the projection appeared on our wrist

"But now that both of you are alive, you have to find your own way back" she said with a smirk

"Sounds easy" Venus mumbled

"If you survive" Harriett chukled as the projection shut off

There was a whirring and it began to pour. Venus swirled around and er eyes widened.

"Drones" was all that escaped her mouth

We ran/limped to the forest, trying to loose the Drones inside which failed as there size suddenly adjusted making them able to maneuver through the trees. Plants suddenly grabbed a hold of Venus's leg.

"Let go its not time for dress up!" she yelled trying to tug her hurt leg free which only made her whimper.

The vines went up her leg and wrapped around the wound, at the same time pink flowers bloomed. Venus stopped whimpering and looked down as the vine finished growing onto her leg.