T W E L V E

Shawn (Finally what was taking me so long?!):

I woke up and took over the watch shift from Venus who was already sleeping in my arms. I thought of all the many ways we could've died but I trust her and her wolf things, I don't think my eagle senses are as keen as hers. Ever since I could remember my parents would tell me to never use my powers, I could hurt people with them was what they told me. Then when I started to use them out of rebellion they explained to me that I could be killed because of them, that's when I really stopped. But I always remembered the girl in the clearing. She showed me her powers and taught me that I could use my powers in secret. I would help in my father armory and when he wasn't looking would start the fire with my hands instead of the lighter. When Mom couldn't find something I would use my eyesight to find it. I would show Aaliyah my powers in secret and we would mess around with them carelessly. When I was reaped I told them I would try to come back, but if I didn't not to be disappointed. When I first saw Venus in the market place, our eyes locked and I immediately recognized them as the same eyes from the girl who grew flowers in the clearing. I was surprised when I saw the Keepers running after her. I felt like I was destined to be by her side when she volunteered for her brother. But when I figured out this 'Promise' to my sister was to bring me back home, I felt stabbed. I told Aaliyah that I most likely wouldn't make it back and not to worry or cry, and she promised me that. Venus didn't look clueless to what she was doing or saying, so I guess she knew what she was getting herself into. She also seemed determined to bring me back home. Instead of leaving me alone like I asked, she came looking for me. When we were caught instead of letting us die, she used her powers to save us even if it meant if she left she would be killed by the council. The least I could do was use my own, show her I didn't need to be protected all the time. My back was to her as I cooked some fish I caught in the stream. The red light in my wrist began to flash and I looked down as the projection appeared.

"Hello players!" said Harriet the lead council member

"This years game is going to have a well.. Twist as you can say. Due to the Specials in the games, it wouldn't be fair because of there abilities so were here to even out the playing field. This years games shall be the war games! Airstrikes will be sent out, war care packages sent out with max weapons and more! Careful specials, the field is now even!" she said with a huge grin

I took in a deep breath and heard Venus cuss behind me. I turned around to see her staring at her wrist.

"Its gonna be fine Venus, We'll make it out." I said reassuringly

"I'm not worried about that" she said back, her body extremely still

I furrowed my eyebrows and suddenly realized what was going on. Two venomous snakes came out of the brush, they seemed to be targeting Venus only. She bit her lip as one went around her neck and down her arm and the other in-between her legs.

"Shawn" she said nervously

"Sshh! Hold on just stay still" I said creeping forward slowly

I positioned my hand, knowing that Venus enjoys fire she wouldn't mind me throwing some at her right? She knew what I was going to do so she squeezed her eyes shut. I sent one at one snake and another at the other. They hissed and lunged at me, there was a sudden bang and they both withered up dead. I looked up and saw Venus holding up some type of modified gun. I looked in the bag beside her and saw a sniper inside.

"Did you already get a care package?" I asked with a smirk

"No, I b-built that" she said, her skin turning pale

She suddenly collapsed and I ran forward, cradling her in my arms. I grabbed her wrist and saw why she cussed. The snake had bitten her and then they surrounded her. I grabbed a knife and cut a part of a blanket. I wrapped the blanket tight at the top of her arm and I cut where the two holes where and blood came out, and so did the venom. I started hearing a dinging sound and looked up to see a small box with a parachute came floating down. It landed near by and I picked it up. When I opened d it there was a pill and a note.