N I N E

Venus:

My eyes fluttered open and I squeezed them shut again when the sun hit my eyes.

"Stupid sun, always hurting my eyes" I mumbled opening my eyes again to realize I was in my own room.

I looked down and realized I was still in last nights outfit. I remembered me falling asleep in Shawn's arms, causing me to forget the fact that I was here to fight for my death. I sighed and thought on how it was my last day of freedom. I sighed and I stood up, making my way to the shower. Once I got out I changed into my games suit and I slipped on some black shoes and brushed my hair until it was shiny, putting it up in a pony tail. I looked at the time and realized it had just turned nine. I walked out of the room, looking for my backpack. Shawn had walked out of the kitchen, holding several muffins.

"I don't get one?" I asked crossing my arms

"No, these are all mine. Go get your own" he said shaking his head and going into the living room

I laughed lightly and went into the kitchen and took several muffins of my own. I was about to reach for another blueberry muffin when I saw something red and round touching it. Eww a tomato! I grabbed the corn muffin beside it and went back to Shawn.

"You know there was another blue berry muffin right?" he asked as I sat down, biting into my muffin

"Yeah but a tomato was touching it" I said, worried that he would laugh

"Eww tomatoes" he said with a shudder

We laughed and his hand grazed my arm, causing me to pause at the warm touch. Our eyes locked and before we could say a thing, the elevator door dinged open and Jacob came in, as serious as the day we first met him. His face didn't lighten or change when he saw me like it used too.

"Get your butts off the couch and lets go!" he said sternly

I got up and grabbed my backpack, not taking my eyes off of him. I guess what I said last night really affected him. We went down the elevator in silence and the car ride stayed the same. I looked out the window and Jacob snickered, breaking the silence.

"You should probably roll the window down and stick your head out" he said with a laugh

I stared at him, my face showing I was mad and serious. He just raised an eyebrow and pouted. He was so lucky we were in the limo where I couldn't kill him in front of peace keepers. I just turned my head and noticed Shawn staring at me, his face full of confusion. I looked out the window and sighed in relief as the limo came to a stop. We were led to the same training facility as before, this time Jacob would be physically training us.

"Alright, today were going to see how well you guys can fight." He said, stepping into a boxing ring he had set up.

"Now a sim cant replace this and nor can a dummy, you will be up against amateurs who will die in the first wave of attack and warriors who show absolutely no mercy." He said leaning against the ropes

"Venus you first, Shawn you ,ight want to leave." he said with a smirk

I rolled my eyes and stepped into the ring, Jacobs eyes following me and Shawn with a worried expression as he was lead out of the room.

"Now were not going to take it easy, full on blows" he said coming off of the ropes

"Got it, your not going to take it easy" I said rolling my eyes

I suddenly felt a blow to my stomach and I leaned forward as I gave out a loud whimper.

"Exactly puppy" he whispered into my room