T H I R T Y

Shawn:

Its been about two days now since we started using Venus's home as a safe house. Venus has been hard at work modifying the car in her tool shed, she even fell asleep in there the first night. The next morning she didn't complain, as if she were used to it. Jacob has been going over escape plans over and over again, just in case. And me? Ive been messing around, with nothing to do... I sat on the roof of the house most of the time, watching over the city. I can see my house from up here, there hasn't really been a lot of movement inside. Im worried about Aaliyah. I cant go a night without thinking something bad was going to happen to her. Sometimes I wondered if she was still alive. I mean, my life has already been ripped inbetween reality and non, but I couldn't bear to loose Aaliyah to the latter. Leo, my puppy, seemed to share the sadness with me. He would nuzzle up against me everytime I looked over the city. I was actually pretty glad Jacob gave us the dogs, I mean we could still use company on this expedition to escape the law. Currently I was going down the stairs into the living room, agh I need some type of entertainment. Saphire and Leo were both toppoling over each other and messing around, well there happy. I went out the back door to get to Venus's shed, might as well check up on her. I opened the door and found Venus under the car, torching something.

"Need help?" I asked, leaning against a wooden post inside

Venus shut the thrower off and took of her mask, rolling out from under the car.

"Well im just about done with that, but if you can hand me that car part over there, that would be great" she replied, pointing at a huge car part

"How did you take That out?" I asked, it looked pretty heavy

"I just did, now please, bring it over here" she said, wiping her aily face with her arm

"Remind me how you know what your doing." I said, carrying the heavy part over to Venus's bench

"Im smart like that" she replied with a cheeky smile

I shook my head and laughed, shes crazy sometimes. I suddenly felt her arms wrap around me and her head on my chest. I hugged her back and we stood there for a moment.

"It gets cold in here you know" she whispered, looking up at my face.

She had no idea the affect she had on me. She thought she needed my warm touch, well I need her cool, soothing touch. Wihtout it I felt like I would over heat myself.

"And it gets lonely out there" I whispered back, kissing her forehead

She smiled at me and stood on her tip toes, planting a kiss on my lips before turning around and taking off an apron she had on.

"Im just about done, so I might as well take a break" she said walking back towards me

I grabbed her small hand in mine and together we exited the shed. We walked back towards the house where Venus washed her hands and her face froom all the car oil and grease on them.

"Wheres Jacob?" she asked me as we went up the stairs to the roof

"Somewhere making plan Z on our escape" I replied rolling my eyes

She laughed as we stopped in the attic area. She sighed and walked up to a box, pulling up a book and blowing the dust off of it. I watched over her shoulder as she opened it. At first it was a picture, but now it was moving. It started with a 5 year old Venus running and jumping on an unsuspecting Nick, sending them both to the floor. She flipped the page to show a picture of her as a baby. She was sitting and clapping her hands, talking and jabbering nonsense.

"Venus can you make me a house?" a masculine vice asked in the background, probably her father

Baby Venus nodded her head quickly and picked up several blocks. In less than a minute, she had succecfully made a house of blovls without toppling it over. In the picture after, A 6 year old Venus was chasing Jake around the lawn on all fours. The now grown wolf was trying to be careful with Venus but she was just being ruff. Out of nowhere Jake clamped his mouth around Venus's arm and she stopped and stared at him.