T W E N T Y N I N E

Venus:

Jacob left the pups and there mother with the neighbor who turns out to be a retired council member, opposed to the cause of the extinction of the specials.

"Here you guys go" Jacob said, plopping a puppy into my hand then Shawn's

"Wha-" I began

"There your now" he said with a smile

"Wait. Were fugitives of the law, trying to make out escape to survive practical enslavery and death. And your telling me your giving us puppies?" Shawn said looking down at his dog

"Aww!" I squealed, cuddling with the small husky puppy in my hands

"See Venus appreciates my gift" Jacob said, pointing at me

"Well duh its Venus, she's part canine." Shawn said, walking to the car with us

I rolled my eyes and sat in the back seat with Shawn. I felt the car take off and go into hyper drive out of the planets atmosphere. I laid my head down in Shawn's lap as he carried his puppy in his arms. Mine fell asleep on my stomach and I pet her fur softly. Shawn's puppy waddled down to my side and fell asleep also. I looked up at Shawn, expecting to be pet just like the puppies... I know odd, but I just felt like it. As if he had read my mind, he began to run his fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes and snuggled my head into his stomach.

"Venus" he chuckled

"Your not a puppy" he said with an eye roll

"Try me" I replied, sticking my tounge out

He shook his head and laughed, still petting my hair. I yawned and felt my eyes begin to grow heavy. Yep it was working, I was falling asleep. I heard him chuckle as I closed my eyes.

"Good night sleeping beauty" I heard him whisper before falling out of conscious and into sleep

~*~

I felt the car lurch as we entered Taras atmosphere. I sat up causing Sapphire (What I decided to call my new puppy) to slide off my lap onto the seat. I rubbed my eyes and held onto the door for security. I looked to my right to see Shawn passed out, his puppy curled up in his arm. I smiled at how cute that was, his hair was a mess and his mouth was a little open letting his small snores fill the air.

"I'm still trying to figure out who snores the loudest, you or Shawn?" Jacob said looking through the rear view mirror at me

I stuck my tounge out at him and jumped into the passenger side seat. I watched as we passed above the oh to familiar woods Jake and I used to run through. I sighed at the thought.

"I'm gonna drop the car in that clearing over there, its close enough to the house and should be undetectable" he said as we grew closer to the hill

I held my breath in as I realized it was my special clearing.... Shawn and I's special clearing... Jacob lurched the car up suddenly and then dropped it into the clearing. Then I realized why, Shawn began to groan as he didn't have a seat belt on and fell off his seat. I giggled and Jacob flew into a fit of laughter.

"Yeah yeah, laugh it up guys" Shawn said, rubbing the back of his head

But my laughs grew serious as I looked out the window... Was this really my clearing? The plants had seemed to be withering, the green grass seemed to be dull, rose vines were growing over other plants causing them to choke. What had happened. I opened my door and my Sapphire jumped over the seats and leaped out into the clearing. I gasped as I could hear the plants calling my name... Yes the plants. Ever since Harriett had that transformation serum injected into me, I felt.. Complete. I felt more flexible than ever, my reflex's were sharper, and I could feel something different... Like I could transform on the dime.. That was one half, but now I felt stressed that I could hear the plants calling for help. Some said they had missed me, could that be why? Were they sad that I wasn't here to talk to them, give them company? I heard the grass laugh as the puppies played in it, they were happy to have company. Shawn has stepped out into the clearing also and he scanned it.