T W E N T Y

Venus:

If we weren't in an arena, that would mean were outside of it! Jacob had seemed to be 'leading' as if he knew where we were going... What of this was all a trap? Was Jacob betraying us and leading us to our deaths? I quickly stood up, not taking my eyes off the pod. District 13 had been the district of our people, where the most important people in the council came from.... At first I thought that this was all just to make us die on the battle fields of our people, but I have a feeling this is more than that. I took out my knife and pointed it at Jacob causing him to stumble back slightly from being startled.

"Venus" Shawn warned, stepping away from me

"Where are you bringing us?" I asked Jacob, stepping forward which made him step back

"Were working together to get home remember?" he said cautiously, his eyes darting around as if he was waiting for something to happen

"No, it's much more than that, isn't it?" I yelled

"Venus get a hold of yourself" he said which pissed me off even more

"No! Why are we on the ruins of District 13?! I know for a fact the games arenas were built on Aceptera, the lone planet, District 13 was built on Septera beside District 12's Terra. Why are we on Septera Jacob?" I questioned giving him an icy stare

"Look Venus, I don't know really, I was brought here and I had no idea where I was going on my way" he said, I automatically knew he was lying

"Stop lying Jacob!" I yelled stepping forward

"Venus, look Jacob doesn't know" Shawn said in a low voice, stepping closer to me

I looked over at him and shook my head, anger taking over me completely. Plants grew from the ground, growing around us like waves of spiky vines surrounding us.

"Jacob I swear if you don't tell me the truth ill –" I began before a sharp pain came from my neck, causing me to drop my knife and clutch my neck

"Agh!" I screamed as the pain worsened

I saw Jacob walk forward as Shawn dropped to my side. He kneeled and pointed a gun at Shawn.

"Back up bird boy" he said, cocking his gun causing Shawn to raise his hands and stand up

I squinted my eyes and rolled around in pain, the throbbing and shooting burst of pain went through my whole body, making my nerves numb.

"I'm doing this all for you sweetheart" Jacob whispered, his gun grazing my cheek

"I have my orders" he said sighing

There was an extra pulse coming from my wrist but I couldn't look at it because I was paying too much attention to the pain that felt like death.

"Well, change of plans. You special get to come back, the Districts are rioting and the last thing we need is an uprising. Enter the pod darlings" I heard Harriet say

The pain in my neck stopped and my body felt numb. I felt Jacob grab my arm and I blinked several times to grasp what was happening. The pod was open and it was big enough to fit all of us. I tried to gather my strength to attack Jacob, but the pain suddenly came back making me not able to walk. I was dragged to the pod where Shawn was forced to join me. Jacob stepped in and the pod immediately began to close and lower down. Once we were down, peacekeepers and chloroform met us, lots of it.

***

I woke up in a state of panic. Where was I? What happened? I looked around and tried to move but I realized I was tied down. I tried to turn invisible but couldn't, I didn't feel myself either, my instincts weren't sharp and my hearing felt odd. I struggled with my bindings when the to the room opened. I lifted my head to see Jacob, Harriet, and several Peace Keepers enter. I felt a wave of fear take over me. What was going to happen now? Where they going to torture me? Slaughter me like an animal? Use me as a test subject? I eyed Jacob as the entered and surrounded my table, the keepers staying in the corners. I struggled with my bindings again which made Harriet laugh.

"Don't try, it's useless" she said with a laugh

I swallowed hard as she circled my table, grinning and examining me. She stopped at the end of the table and she gave a sigh.

"What are you going to do? Kill me? That'll just start an uproar" I said, trying to stay confident although I was very terrified. It seems to me I'm good at that.

"Oh, don't worry, you'll bring that upon yourself" she said clasping her hands together

"Why am I here?" I questioned, looking around with hopes of escaping

"We just needed to make sure you were 'safe' and 'stable' before we left you to your own room" she said in a gentle voice

"Where's Shawn?" I asked

"Oh, hes safe, trust me" she said with a sly tone

"Release her" Harriet commanded

Immediately the keepers walked forward and began to unbind me. Before I could react, they gripped my arms and held me down tight.

"Don't hurt her" Jacob said sternly

The keepers released their grip slightly and dragged me out of the room.

"Let me go!" I said, struggling but not being able to get out of their grasp

I was thrown into another room, furnished like the flat we stayed in before we were in the games. The door behind me closed as I stood up. Harriet was at the glass door with a smile

"Don't worry, you'll be going home tomorrow, but trust me. The people will regret pleading to have you guys back." She said

She walked away and I looked down. What did she mean by that? Where was Shawn? I felt weak and droopy, I guess they drugged me and disabled my powers temporarily like Wendy did with the gas that disabled my invisibility or when Max blew the dog whistle, weaknesses. I slumped down on the bed and put my head in my hands. Jacob had betrayed us. He had a mission and he thought what he was doing was helping me when it wasn't. I laid down and stared at the ceiling. If Harriet was telling the truth, I was going back home tomorrow... I closed my eyes, she told me that the people were going to regret there decision of keeping our lives... But why?

_____________

Yay! Invisible has 60 something reads! IM SO HAPPY! Lol, I'm a weirdo. Anyways thanks for reading Invisible and feel free to tell me what you think by commenting and voting! Also, when your trying to go to sleep, DONT COUNT SHEEP! My good friend Zeinab_Farhat who told me not to when I tried going to sleep. I know I know, random but I thought it would be good advice for you night owls out there ;) I send the lovings to all of you and stay tuned for a new story that's coming out! Its a secret so I don't get to tell you the story or what its about so you have to find out for yourselves! Ill tell you when its published though. I send all the lovings to you!

Xoxo

Zalina (T.C.W.P)