Chapter 141

Alice's P.O.V

April 30, 1975

It was a few days after my thirty second birthday. We were on our way to our next stop which was Sweden. According to Ethan, we were basically worshipped by fans there. I found that hard to believe.

"I really doubt we're worshipped in Sweden" I said

"I'm telling you, as soon as you girls land, they'll be bowing to you" Ethan said

"Hah! Paul, do you really think that'll happen?" I asked.

"It's possible, love, but we'll have so see when we get there" Paul said.

"Word has it the prime minister will be there to greet you girls" Ethan said.

"That sounds exciting! How much longer until we get there?" I asked

"It should be a couple more hours. Believe me, you girls will be welcomed graciously" Ethan said

~

"Alice! Alice, wake up!" I heard a voice. I opened my eyes to see Linda, Helen and Laura towering over me.

"What?" I asked

"We're in Sweden" Linda said.

"Okay. I guess we should go to our hotel" I said

"That might not be so easy" Helen said.

"Why not?" I asked

"Look outside and see for yourself" Laura said. I turned to look out the window and saw the largest group of people I've ever seen in my life.

"Oh my God! It's almost like the whole country is here!" I said

"Like I told you girls, they love you in Sweden" Ethan said as he approached us.

"Ethan, how are we going to get to the hotel with that crowd?" I asked

"Don't worry. Everything has been planned out. Now come on. Paul, Denny and Arthur are waiting for you girls. So is the Prime Minister, and so is the King" Ethan said.

"Hang on, the King of Sweden? Really?" I asked

"Yes! Now come on. You're practically keeping the whole country waiting" Ethan said. The girls and I followed Ethan, and met up with our husbands.

"Paul, did you know that the King of Sweden is waiting for us?" I asked

"Yes, I know" he said.

"I'm so nervous. What do I say to him?" I asked

"Just relax, love. Be yourself and I'm sure he'll love you" Paul said

"Okay. Just promise me you won't let go of my hand" I said

"I promise I won't" Paul said. He grabbed my hand just as Ethan opened the doors. I almost went deaf screaming coming from outside.

"Alright girls. I'm going to speak to the Prime Minister and the King first. When I wave, I want you all to step out of the plane" Ethan said. He stepped out first. I watched as he spoke to the two men, and soon he waved. This was it.

"Linda, you go out first" I said.

"There's no need to be nervous Alice. I'll step out first as long as you and Paul come out second" Linda said

"Deal" I said. She smiled before stepping out of the plane. I looked to Paul.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded with a smile. He held my hand tightly in his as we walked off the plane. Paul and I walked towards the Prime Minister and the King. The Prime Minister extended his hand towards me. I shook his hand.

"Hello Mrs. McCartney. I'm Prime Minister Olof Palme. On behalf of the country, I'd like to welcome you girls and your husbands to Sweden" he said.

"Thank you Prime Minister" I said. When he let go of my hand, he moved on to shake Paul's hand.

"Thank you" Paul said. When our introductions were finished, we stood off to the side to wait for the others. Helen and Denny came out next, finally followed by Laura and Arthur.

"Angels, I would like to introduce you the King of Sweden. Carl XVI Gustaf" Palme said. The King stepped forwards.

"We are thrilled to have you here. To commemorate your arrival, I would like to invite all of you to join me and Prime Minister Palme for dinner" the King said. Everyone turned their head towards me for an answer.

"We'd be honoured to" I said.

"Wonderful! While you're here, Silvia and I would like for you to stay with us, if you don't mind" the King said.

"No, we don't mind at all. Thank you so much" I said. He smiled at us.

"Then please come with me so you all can get settled in" the King said. All of us followed him and the Prime Minister to a limo that would take us to our living quarters.

~

We had arrived at a large home where a woman was waiting outside. Paul and I were the first to approach her.

"You must be Silvia. Thank you for letting us stay with you" I said

"Oh, Carl and I are thrilled to have all of you stay with us!" Silvia said. The others soon joined us.

"Wonderful, all of you are here! Please follow me. I'll show you to your rooms, and I'll have someone bring your bags" Silvia said. With that, she led us inside the house.

~

"And finally, this is your room Mr and Mrs. McCartney" Silvia said.

"Thank you so much" I said

"You have a really lovely home" Paul said.

"Thank you. I just hope you'll be comfortable. Please, settle yourselves in, and then feel free to explore. Dinner will be at seven" Silvia said

"Alright. Anything specific we have to wear?" I asked.

"You'll find a selection of dresses and suits in the closet" Silvia said.

"Wonderful. We'll see you at dinner" I said. Paul and I went into our room.

"Paul, can you believe we're sleeping in the same building as the King of Sweden!? Am I dreaming?" I asked

"This is very real, love. I promise you" Paul said. I smiled and kissed him.

"I just wonder why Angels is so adored here?" I said.

"I'm not sure either, love. Life works in mysterious ways" Paul said. I looked towards the bed.

"How about we get acquainted with the bed? I mean we are going to be here awhile" I said

"I was thinking the same thing" Paul said. He grabbed my hand and led me towards the bed.