Chapter 125

Alice's P.O.V

March 26, 1974

I was just about finished packing my bag for our trip to Los Angeles. Paul and I were heading out to attend the Oscars, but this time we decided to bring the girls along. It wasn't until April 2 but we wanted some time to spend as a family. We were to leave after I finished a press conference with Linda, Helen and Laura since we release our first album today.

"Paul!" I called out to my husband. Not even a moment later, he came into the room.

"Yes, love?" he asked.

"Are the girls packed?" I asked.

"Yes. I should know because I helped them" Paul said

"Are you packed?" I asked.

"I haven't had a chance to pack yet" Paul said.

"Well can you do it right now before you forget?" I said, sounding a little snappier than I should have.

"Love, are you feeling alright?" Paul asked

"Yeah, I guess I'm just a little nervous. What if I don't win Best Actress? I went through a lot filming that movie and-"

"Love, calm down" Paul said, placing his hands on my shoulders. I felt a bit more at ease. "You're going to win, I know you are"

"Thanks Paulie" I said.

"You feel so tense, love. You need to relax before your press conference" Paul said. I felt him begin to massage my shoulders. I couldn't help but moan at the feeling.

"Does that feel good, love?" Paul asked.

"Yes" I said.

"I know something that will make you feel even better" he purred, pressing his body against mine. He started leaving kisses all over my neck.

"What would that be Paulie?" I asked, reaching over and letting my fingers tangle in his hair. Before we could answer, there was a knocking on our bedroom door.

"Don't mean to interrupt you two, but our manager is here to take us to our press conference" Linda said.

"Alright. I'll meet you at the airport when we're done Paul. Make sure you're all packed" I said

"I will, love" Paul said. He gave me a kiss before I walked out with Linda. We encountered Joseph on the way to the front door.

"Good luck with the press conference you two, and I'll be watching you on the Oscars, Alice" Joseph said.

"You better!" I replied before Linda and I stepped outside. We saw a limo parked out front with Ethan and Francie waiting for us. Ethan had offered to be our manager, and Francie wanted to be a publicist for us.

"Hurry you two. Helen and Laura are waiting" Ethan said.

"We're coming" I said. Ethan opened one of the doors as we approached the limo, and we climbed in, Ethan and Francie doing the same thing shortly after. Linda and I sat in between Helen and Laura. Ethan and Francie sat across from us, holding hands.