Chapter 71

Alice's P.O.V

During lunch, I was seated between Paul and Linda. They knew I was a little worried because of Roger. Paul always kept his hand in mine, and Linda would casually keep writing me little notes on the napkins. Guy was the one to keep conversation going.

"Are you married Linda?" Guy asked, guiding the conversation.

"Yes I am. His name is Joseph and we have five children. Three girls and two boys. Heather isn't his. He adopted her when we got married but he still loves her all the same" Linda explained

"It's the same with Paul and Ethel" I said. He flashed me a smile before looking at Ethel, whom was too busy eating.

"I love Ethel with all my heart, just like I love Mary and Stella" Paul explained

"Then who is Ethel's biological father?" Guy asked

"Linda's husband" I said.

"It's true. Joseph was married to Alice before me" Linda explained

"So if you're married to Joseph now, wouldn't that make you Ethel's step mother?" Guy asked

"Yes it would" Linda said. As the conversation continued on, Roger kept his stare on me. I shifted in my seat, alerting Paul to my uneasiness. He leaned in close to my ear.

"What's wrong, love?" he asked

"He keeps staring at me" I said.

"He won't try anything here, not as long as I'm here" Paul said. He kissed my cheek before sitting up straight. Linda passed me another note.

Paul and I won't let Roger near you. We'll always protect you

I looked up at Linda and smiled. She flashed me a smile in return. However, the staring didn't stop and it continued on for awhile.

"Excuse me but I have to use the washroom" I said. I got up from my seat and walked to the washroom. As soon as I got there, I walked to the sink, turned on the tap and splashed water on my face. I then looked up at the mirror.

"It's okay Alice. Paul and Linda are there with you. They love you and won't let anything happen to you" I spoke to my reflection. I took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom. I was suddenly grabbed and then pushed against the wall. It was Roger.

"Hello beautiful" he said

"What do you want?" I spat at him.

"You know, from the moment I laid eyes on you, I can't get you out of my head. You're gorgeous and that kiss we shared, I felt sparks. Didn't you?" Roger asked

"No, I didn't. It's not like I wanted to kiss you, I had to kiss you" I said

"Don't deny your feelings for me" Roger said

"Okay, first of all, we have a seventeen year age difference" I said

"Age is nothing but a number" Roger said

"Second, I'm Paul's wife and correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have a wife?" I asked him.

"You mean Luisa? I love her but there's something missing from our marriage lately. Something I want but she won't give me. Can you guess what it is?" Roger asked, leaning in extra close to my ear.

"You're a disgusting pig" I said.

"Call me what you want, sweetheart. Now, how about a kiss and then we can sneak away from here and have some fun?" Roger said

"I don't think so! Now you better back off or I'll-" I was cut off by Roger.

"Or you'll what?" he asked

"I'll scream, and the Paul will come to my rescue. I know he won't be afraid to kick your ass. He'd do anything for me" I said. Roger smirked and started leaning in closer to me.

"You can't scream with your lips against mine" Roger said.

"Don't you dare-" I was cut off again but this time, by his lips pressing against mine. I tried pushing him off of me but he wouldn't budge. He was then pulled away from me.

"What did I say about keeping your hands to yourself!?" Paul's voice boomed. I felt a hand grab mine. I looked over and saw Linda.

"Let's get you away from him" Linda said. She quickly pulled me away from the scene happening between Paul and Roger. As soon as she brought me outside, I began crying and she held me close.

"Shh. It's okay" Linda cooed as she stroked my hair.

"I tried pushing him off but he wouldn't get off" I said

"It's okay. He's away from you now. Paul is talking some sense into him" Linda said. At that moment, Paul came back out with a bloody nose and a black eye.

"Oh my God! What happened to you?" I asked, separating myself from Linda and walking over to Paul.

"Roger punched me in the face" Paul said.

"I swear, when filming is done, I'll kill him" I said.

"If it makes you feel any better, I punched him as well" Paul said.

"It does" I said. Guy came outside with some napkins. He handed a couple to Paul. Paul went to wipe the blood, but I grabbed the napkin and did it for him.

"Thanks" he said. I smiled as I continue wiping his blood.

"Alice, I talked to Roger and unless you two are filming a scene together, I told him to stay far away from you. If he doesn't, I promise to fire him" Guy said

"But what if he doesn't listen and you do fire him?" I said

"I'll just kill off James Bond. I don't care how many angry letters I get, the safety of my actors comes first" Guy said

"Thank you Guy" I said

"It's no problem. Why don't you take the rest of the day off. Kerima and I will bring the girls out and we'll make sure you all get to the hotel safely" Guy said

"We'd appreciate that" I spoke. Guy nodded and then went back inside. I got all Paul's blood wiped up and I threw away the napkin.

"Now I really want filming to be over. Anything to get as far away from Roger Moore as possible" I said