Chapter 136

Alice's P.O.V

December 25, 1974

When I woke up, I noticed that both Linda and Paul were gone. When I sat up, Paul entered the room wet from a shower and a towel draped around his waist.

"Morning, love" Paul said.

"Morning. Where's Linda?" I asked.

"Joseph called this morning from the airport so she went to pick him and the kids up, along with her father, John and Louise" Paul explained. He came over to join me on the bed.

"Alice, can I ask you something?" Paul said.

"Of course you can" I said

"Are you sure you're fine with the threesomes?" Paul asked

"If I wasn't fine with it, do you think I'd have suggested it the first time we did it?" I said

"No, you wouldn't. I also want you to know that you're the only girl for me. Nothing is going to change that" Paul said.

"I know that Paulie" I said. He smiled and leaned over to kiss me. As he kissed me, he pulled the sheet off of me so that my breasts were exposed, and he cupped them in his hands. He pulled away from me and his eyes pierced into mine.

"We've been together eleven years and yet everyday I fall in love with you more and more" Paul said. I smiled and started running my fingers through his hair.

"Paulie, I love you too. You're my soulmate" I said

"And you're mine" Paul said. There was a knock on the door interrupting our intimate moment. Paul and I got off the bed, and covered ourselves with our robes. He grabbed my hand and we walked to the front door. When we answered it, our daughters ran inside.

"Slow down, girls. Wait for grandma and I" my dad said as he and Mabel came inside.

"Were they well behaved?" I asked.

"I swear, sweetheart, you gave birth to three angels" Mabel said.

"That's because Alice is an angel" Paul said, bringing my hand up to his lips. He placed a soft kiss on it.

"You two are so cute. How was your night last night?" Mabel asked. Paul and I just looked at each other with a smirk.

"It was fine" I said.

"Where's Linda?" dad asked.

"At the airport. Jospeh called this morning so she went to go and meet him" Paul said.

"Mom, are you and dad staying for the night?" I asked

"It's Christmas and our granddaughters birthday. Of course, we're staying" Mabel said.

~

About ten minutes after mom and dad returned with the girls, Linda had come back with Joseph, the kids, Lee, John and Louise.

"I wasn't expecting you to come on such short notice" Linda said to Joseph as soon as they walked through the door.

"I know, but it's Christmas and I wanted to be with my wife and family. You're not mad are you?" Joseph said.

"Why would I be mad?" Linda asked

"Because I didn't call ahead. As long as Alice isn't mad I'm here" Joseph said

"I'm not mad. You know you're always welcome here for Christmas and your daughter's birthday" I said

"Speaking of which, Where is Ethel?" Joseph asked.

"With her sisters and Paul. Go find her and say happy birthday" I said. When Joseph walked off, I turned to the Eastman family.

"I'm happy to see you three!" I said.

"Thanks for having us over. I hope we're not a bother" Lee said

"Dad, you know Alice doesn't mind. Do you Alice?" Louise said

"Not at all" I said.

"I'm surprised you girls weren't busy, considering you're music career and all" John said.

"Well he had to take time off for Christmas, didn't we Alice?" Linda asked

"Yep" I said. It was at that moment that Paul had joined us. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I see we have more dinner guests. It's good to see you all again" Paul said.

"You as well" Lee said.

"Alice, can you come in here for a moment? I need your help!" Mabel called for me from the kitchen.

"Mother needs me. Paul, let me know if anyone else arrives, alright?" I said.

"I will, love" Paul said before kissing me quickly. I made my way to the kitchen.

~

What turned into one task quickly escalated into both Mabel and I making dinner. Originally she wanted me to get a pot for her because she couldn't reach it, but then she begged me to help her to cook. I couldn't say no to my mom.

"Do you know who else is coming tonight? I want to make sure we have enough food for everyone" Mabel said.

"Just the usual company we always have" I said

"Does that include Pattie and George?" Mabel said. The two hadn't spoken to each other since their divorce. (I know their divorce was in 1977 but it's changed for story purposes)

"Oh. I hope it won't be too awkward" I said.

"Maybe talking to each other will be good for both of them. Just because their divorced doesn't mean they can't be friends. Just look at you and Joseph" Mabel said.

"I suppose you're right" I said

"Of coarse I am. I'm your mother. Now please put this in the fridge" Mabel said. She gave tonight's dessert to me and found a place for it in the fridge.

"Mom, anything else-"

"Love, George is here!" I heard Paul call for me. I quickly ran out of the kitchen and saw George with his arm wrapped around a woman. Both of them were talking with Paul.

"Hi George!" I said. George looked to me and smiled.

"Hi Alice. I want you to meet Olivia" George said. Olivia looked at me with a smile.

"It's so nice to meet you Alice! I've heard so many nice things about you from George" Olivia said.

"Thanks Olivia. It's nice to meet you too. George, where did you meet her?" I asked

"Dark Horse offices down in Los Angeles" George explained.

"Well, I'm glad you could-" I was interrupted when Pattie walked in with Eric Clapton.

"Hi everyone" she said. When her and George made eye contact, I could see both of them freeze up a bit.

"George"

"Pattie"