Chapter 82

Alice's P.O.V

May 8, 1973

Paul and I woke up extra early in the morning so we could pack for our third tour which was starting in three days.

"Is everything packed?" Paul asked me

"Yeah. How about you?" I asked

"I'm good to go" Paul said.

"Okay. Now we just have to wake up the kids" I said

"I'll go wake them" Paul said. He gave me a quick kiss before leaving for the kids room. I grabbed my bag and carried it into the living room, setting it in front of the door, along with two others that were there. I heard two voices in the kitchen.

"Morning Linda, morning Joseph" I greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning Alice" Joseph said.

"Is Paul up?" Linda asked

"Yeah. He's just getting the kids up" I said. Linda nodded and went back to went back to eating her breakfast.

"Thanks for inviting us to come along Alice. I know the kids are really excited about the tour" Joseph said

"You don't have to thank us. You guys know that we love having you around" I said.

"You guys are so prepared when it comes to tours. It probably would take you a day to get to Bristol" Linda commented

"Two at the most" Joseph added.

"I know. Paul and I always leave three days before just to be sure that we do get there in time" I said. Paul entered the kitchen, carrying Stella and eight children followed behind him.

"Everybody eat breakfast and then we'll go over some rules you have to follow" Paul said.

"I'll get them something to eat" Linda said, getting up from her seat. All the kids sat down to eat. Linda placed a plate of food I'm front of all of them. While all the kids ate, I went up to the bedroom to double check that we had every thing we needed. What immediately caught my eye was the movie camera which was resting on the dresser. I walked over to it and grabbed it.

"Maybe it wouldn't hurt to bring you along" I said

~

When I went into the living room, I noticed that the children were lined up and that Paul, Linda and Joseph were discussing some rules with them.

"Because there are so many of you, we have to stay together as a group that way nobody gets lost" Linda said

"Heather, Ethel and Julian, since you three are the oldest, you're in charge if there isn't an adult around" Paul said.

"The rest of you make sure to listen to them if one of us isn't around" Joseph said

"But other than that, you always listen to one of us, alright?" Linda said. All the kids nodded.

"Okay then. If we're ready to go, follow Linda and Joseph" Paul said.

"Let's go" Joseph said. Making sure they had all their belongings, Linda and Joseph went outside to the bus. All the kids followed them besides Stella, since she was in Paul's arms.

"Paul" I said. He turned around and looked at me.

"I was just about to come and find you, love. Are you bringing the camera with you?" Paul asked

"Yeah. When I saw it, I had an idea for something" I said

"Yeah? What is it?" Paul asked

"Maybe we could do some video diaries" I said

"That's a wonderful idea, love" Paul said

"Thanks. We should probably be heading to the bus now" I said

"I agree. Let's go" Paul said. Paul grabbed my hand with his free one and we made our way out to the bus.

~

We were now on our way to Bristol for the beginning of our tour. I decided to start filming the video diary. I turned on the camera and made sure that it was facing me, making sure I could myself in the shot as best I could.

"Hello. My name is Alice McCartney and this is video diary number one. We're on our way to Bristol for the first stop of our third tour" I said

"Mommy, who are you talking to?" I heard Ethel ask. She joined me along with Julian and Heather. I turned the camera around so that it was facing them.

"I'm making a video diary. Wave to the camera" I said. The three of them waved hello.

"These are three of the nine kids that joined us for the tour" I said. I put the camera on Ethel first.

"This is Ethel. She's mine and Paul's oldest daughter" I said. I then moved the camera.

"This is Julian. He decided that he wanted come along. He's also Ethel's boyfriend" I said

"Mommy! He's just my friend that's a boy!" Ethel said.

"Yeah, and Ethel's my friend that's a girl. She's my best friend" Julian said

"Whatever you two say" I said. Lastly, I moved the camera to Heather.

"And this is Heather. She's Ethel's step-sister" I said. She smiled at the camera.

"Mommy, can we take it and go film my brothers and sisters?" Ethel asked

"You can, just be very careful with it, and take turns with it" I said

"We will mommy" Ethel said

"Alright. Have fun" I said, giving the camera to Ethel. The three of them ran off. Paul joined me just as the kids left.

"What are the kids doing with the camera?" Paul asked curiously

"They went to go and film introductions for everyone" I said

"Are they the directors?" Paul asked

"I suppose so, if they really want to be. Do you remember the tape we made last month on my birthday?" I asked

"Of coarse I remember it" Paul said

"What did you do with the tape?" I asked

"Don't worry. I put it somewhere only we can find it" Paul said

"Good. I don't want any of the kids finding it and then having curiosity get the best of them. I could just imagine the look on Ethel's face if she-"

"I promise that tape is somewhere safe" Paul said

"I believe you Paulie" I said. He smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. It got quite heated and passionate.

"This is how much mommy and daddy love each other" Ethel said, causing Paul and I to pull away from each other. Ethel had the camera on us. Paul and I looked at each other and smiled.

"I can tell this is going to be one of our best tours yet" I said.