Chapter 51

Alice's P.O.V

March 20, 1972

Paul wanted a special day just for me and him. Tomorrow we were going to head back to London to start recording another album. Paul had told me to pack a picnic basket so that's what I was doing. He even told me what food to pack. Helen helped me.

"He's awfully specific about what food to bring" Helen said

"That's just Paul wanting to make today special" I said

"You're really lucky to be with him" Helen said

"I know I am" I said with a smile. Helen and I finished packing. I grabbed the basket and carried it to the door.

"Love!" Paul called for me.

"Yes Paul?" I said. He walked to the door, carrying his guitar.

"Are you ready to go?" Paul asked

"I am" I said. Paul smiled and grabbed my free hand.

"Have fun you two" Helen said. With that, Paul and I left for our date.

~

The drive to our date spot was quite long but when we got there, it was really worth the wait. It was a meadow with many flowers in bloom. There was also a lake close by.

"Paul, this is beautiful!" I said.

"I found this spot awhile ago and I thought it would be the perfect for us to spend some time together" Paul said. I smiled and looked at Paul. I placed my hand on his.

"It's perfect" I said. Paul brought my hand to his lips and placed a gentle kiss upon it.

"Let's go set up our picnic. After we eat, I have a surprise for you" Paul said

~

I spread out the blanket next to the lake. Paul then set the basket down. We sat next to each other.

"Love, why don't you open the basket?" Paul said.

"Alright" I said. When I opened the basket, it revealed a rose with a note sitting on top of the dishes. I smiled and picked up the rose. I looked at the note and read it.

You're my one and only. I love you with all of my heart.

After I read the note, I looked up at Paul with a smile on my face.

"I love you too" I said. Paul placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Let's eat now, yeah?" Paul said

~

Paul and I ate our picnic. He wanted to save the strawberries for last and I knew why. He loved feeding me strawberries. He grabbed one.

"Open up, love" Paul said. I opened up my mouth for him. He put the strawberry in my mouth. I bit down on it and the juice from it coated my bottom lip.

"The juice is really sweet. Do you want a taste?" I asked

"I'd love a taste" Paul said. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips. I felt him drag his tongue across my bottom lip, tasting the juice from the strawberry. He pulled away, smirking at me.

"That is sweet but you make it even sweeter" Paul said. I smiled and took his hands in mine.

"So, what's my surprise?" I asked

"I'll be right back" Paul said. He got up and left for a moment. When he came back, he had his guitar with him. He sat back down.

"I wrote another song for you and I wanted you to hear it" Paul said

"I'd love to hear it Paul" I said. With that, he started to play the song.

And when I go away
I know my heart can stay with my love
It's understood, it's in the hands of my love
And my love does it good

Wo wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo
My love does it good

And when the cupboard's bare
I'll still find somethin' there with my love
It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
And my love does it good

Wo wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo
My love does it good

Oh, I love, oh, my love
Only my love holds the other key to me
Oh, my love, oh, my love
Only my love does it good to me

Wo wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo
My love does it good

Don't ever ask me why
Lord, I never say goodbye to my love
It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
And my love, she does it good

Wo wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo
Wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo
My love does it good

Oh, I love, oh, my love
Only my love does it good to me

Wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo

When he finished playing, he waited for a response from me.

"I love it Paul!" I said. He set his guitar down and pulled me into his lap. He placed a kiss upon my lips.

"I love you so much that not even a song is enough to describe my feelings for you" Paul said

"I know how much you love me. I can tell from your songs, the way you kiss me, the way to hold me,the way you say my name, the way you look at me, and the way we make love. The list can go on and on" I said

"I have another surprise for you, love" Paul said. We both stood up. He grabbed my hand and led me to my other surprise.

~

"Here we are" Paul said. He had taken me to a dock and beside it was a row boat.

"Paul, are we doing what I think we're doing?" I asked. He smiled and got in to the boat. He held out his hand for me.

"Join me, love" I said. I gave him my hand and he helped me into the boat. We both sat down, facing each other.

"I think the sun is about to set. Let's go find a spot to watch it" Paul said.

~

The boat sat in the middle of the lake. The sun was setting, and Paul and I found a perfect spot to watch it.

"Paul?" I said

"Yes, my love?" Paul asked. I looked over at him and reached over to grab his hands.

"Thanks for today. It was perfect" I said. Paul smiled and pulled me into a kiss. We sat in the boat and kissed each other until the sun was completely set.