Chapter 29

Alice's P.O.V

I sat in the living room on the couch. Martha was sprawled out across my lap. I thought about what happened earlier today. When John told me he loved me, and then when I saw Paul and Linda. Martha was acting like my therapist, even though she was a dog and couldn't really give me advice.

"I don't know what to do Martha. I want to tell Paul what's happening with John, but I don't want Paul to hate him. Paul still cares deeply for John, even if they aren't talking to each other. Then I'm worried about Paul and Linda possibly having feelings for each other. When I saw them today, I couldn't help but think the worst" I said. I let out a frustrated sigh. Martha began to lick my face.

"Martha, come on. Act professional now" I said with a giggle. She kept on licking my face, causing me to laugh harder when Paul joined us.

"Alice, what are you laughing about?" Paul asked. Martha stopped licking my face and ran to Paul. She jumped on him, wagging her tail. Paul gave her pets.

"I was just feeling troubled today and Martha wasn't being a very professional therapist" I said.

"You know you can talk to me. I'm always there for you" Paul said. All I did was let out a sigh.

"I don't know if I want to tell you" I said. Paul got a worried expression on joined me on the couch when he was separated from Martha. He quickly grabbed my hand.

"Did someone try to hurt you? Did you lose the baby?" Paul asked frantically

"No, I'm fine. It's just you and..." I trailed off

"Me and what?" Paul asked

"You and Linda. When I came back into the studio, I saw you two sitting and playing the piano together, and you two were laughing, so I thought maybe you two have feelings for each other" I explained

"Love, you're silly for thinking that" Paul said, pulling me into his warm embrace.

"You know I love you. You're my universe. I don't know what I'd do without you" Paul said. I smiled.

"I love you too Paul. You mean the world to me" I said. I looked at Paul. His eyes stared deep into mine and he leaned in to kiss me. He stopped just an inch just before my lips.

"I was thinking we could go back to Scotland. We can take a break from the album and spend a couple of months there. We can go back to riding horses and watching the sunset by the lake. The girls can go back to running around the farm with Martha" Paul said.

"I'd love that" I said. Paul's lips then finally touched mine. He laid me down on the couch while he laid on top of me.

"You're so beautiful" Paul said, as he pulled away momentarily and then he kissed me again. We were quickly discarded of our clothes.

~

When I woke up that morning, Paul was laying beside me on the couch as stroked my cheek. He was propped up on his shoulder with his head resting in his hand and he smiled down at me.

"Morning, love" Paul said. I smiled and brought my hand up to his hair.

"Do you enjoy watching me sleep?" I asked, combing my fingers through his hair.

"You look so beautiful and peaceful when you sleep. I love hearing you mumble and I love watching you grow a smile. I bet you have lovely dreams" Paul said

"You're always in them. I had a really interesting dream about us last night" I said

"What was it about, love?" Paul asked

"Well, Stella was just born" I said

"So that means we're having another girl?" Paul asked

"It's not like my dreams can tell the future. Anyways, after she was born, you said that you were ready to start another band. You named it Wings" I said.

"Wings? I like that name" Paul said

"I don't know why you picked it exactly. My dream started when you said you were ready to form Wings" I said

"I'll keep that name in mind" Paul said

"We also both had mullets for some reason but you looked really good with one" I said. Paul gave me a smirk.

"Maybe I'll grow one out for you if I looked so good with one" Paul said. I just giggled at Paul.

"I have a feeling that dream of yours is going to come true" Paul said

"I really hope it does" I said.

~

Linda, Helen and I decided to go out for lunch that afternoon.

"We seriously need more days with just us girls" Helen said.

"I agree. What do you think Alice?" Linda asked me but I was kind of zoned out. I was staring off into space thinking about my dream. Maybe the dream I had was going to predict the future. Paul and I were going to have another daughter and we were going to start touring with our new band Wings.

"Earth to Alice" Linda said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry" I said

"What were you thinking about that's making you smile like that?" Linda asked

"I bet it's Paul. It always is" Helen said

"I'm always thinking about Paul. I love him with all my heart. We're planning on going back to Scotland soon" I said

"You are?" Helen asked

"Yes, you included. You're apart of the family Helen" I said

"Thanks Alice" Helen said

"I guess that means Joseph and I will be going back to Tucson soon. Not that I don't love Tucson" Linda said, with an almost dreamy tone.

"It'll be nice to go back to Scotland. There's a lot happening right now. It'll get my mind off of it" I said. Linda and Helen looked each other almost knowingly.

"Is this about John?" Linda asked

"Yesterday he told me he loved me" I said

"Seriously?" Helen said. I nodded. Linda reached over to place her hand in mine.

"Does Paul know?" she asked

"No, and I'd rather keep it that way" I said. If Paul found out, I knew he'd be furious that his best friend is in love with his wife.