Chapter 137

Alice's P.O.V

I was sitting on the couch with Olivia and Linda. Linda and I were talking to her, getting to know her a bit more. She was a really sweet person.

"Can I just say, that I love Angels? I love your songs and you girls definitely know how to dress" Olivia complimented.

"Thank you so much!" I said.

"We can see why George likes you so much! You're so sweet and beautiful" Linda said

"Aww. Thank you Linda. Your husband is Joseph, right?" Olivia asked

"Yes. He was married to Alice before me" Linda explained.

"Really?"

"Yes. Ethel is Joseph's daughter" I explained.

"Well the way she is around Paul, you'd never be able to tell. Is Paul the reason things didn't work out with Joseph?" Olivia asked.

"He is. I fell in love with Paul and realized he was the one I'm meant to be with" I explained

"That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard" Olivia said.

"Mind if I join you girls?" a voice said. We all looked up to see Pattie.

"Please do Pattie" I said. She smiled and sat beside Olivia.

"I don't think we've met officially. I'm Pattie, George's ex-wife" she said to Olivia.

"It's nice to meet you Pattie" Olivia said.

"Pattie, have you and George talked to each other yet?" I asked. Pattie shook her head no.

"I don't know what to say. What if we start arguing or-"

"Pattie, just start by saying hi and ask him how he is" Linda suggested.

"Pattie, if you don't mind me asking, why did you and George divorce?" Olivia asked.

"George was having an affair with Ringo's wife Maureen and I was having an affair with Eric Clapton. Eric and I are officially together now" Pattie explained.

"How are Ringo and Maureen working out? Did Ringo ever find out?" I asked.

"Things aren't working out so well for us" Maureen's voice interrupted. With her was Cynthia and Jane.

"Oh, Mo! I'm sorry to hear that" I said.

"I told Ringo about the affair after George and I ended it. He was angry. He didn't speak to me for a week or two. When he forgave me, we tried to patch it up, for the sake of Zac, Jason and Lee but we just can't. We're considering divorce" Maureen explained.

"Maybe its for the best Mo. Cynthia, how's life since the divorce from Roberto?" I asked

"I'm managing. I opened a restaurant in Ruthin" Cynthia explained.

"That's great! I'm sure Laura would love to hear about it" I said

"I'll be sure to tell her when I see her" Cynthia said.

"Have you spoken to John at all?" I asked

"No, but I have been speaking to his partner, May Pang. She's been trying to get John to see Julian. She seems nice" Cynthia said

"Jane, has Gerald proposed to you yet?" I asked

"No. We decided to just be partners" Jane said

"Will you ever get married?" I asked.

"Maybe, but Gerald and I like the idea of just being partners for now" Jane said.

"Alice, Linda," Mabel spoke as she joined us. "I have more clothes made for you. I want you to try them on to make sure they fit. Laura and Helen already have theirs on"