Chapter 31 - Prom

- KJ POV -

Tonight is the night of prom and right now I'm getting Uncle Que to shape me. I'm taking the one and only person who has my heart and has had it since 8th grade. Diamond. Me and her are still dating even though we've been through a lot she's still by my side and I Love her too death. I now know what Cameron meant when he said when you're in Love that person will make you do crazy things just to make them happy.

" Aight little nigga you good. " Uncle Que said brushing my head.

" Thanks Man. " I said giving him dap.

" No problem. " he nodded.

I seen Aunt Kionna standing by the door with a smile on her face. " What you smiling for? " Uncle Que asked her.

" I'm smiling at my babies. Cameron upstairs in his room getting ready and KJ just got his hair cut. They growing up so fast. I remember when you and Cameron would fight over a toy truck. Why y'all had to grow up? " she said still smiling.

" It's just apart of life Auntie. Tell Cameron me and Diamond will meet him and Ari here. " I said giving her a hug and kiss.

I left out and got in my car so I could go home an get ready for prom. Honestly I think prom is stupid as hell and I'm only doing this for Diamond because I Love her and she wanted to go. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't even be going.

I got home and Ta'Shay was watching TV while texting on her phone. " Who you texting? " I asked.

" Nobody that concerns you. " she said not looking at me.

I swear there are times where I want to just slap Ta'Shay in her face cause she got a lot of mouth if you ask me.

" Where's mom and dad? " I asked.

" Store. " she said turning the channel.

I nodded and then went upstairs and packed an overnight bag. After prom Me, Cameron, Diamond, and Ari are going to the beach and we gone stay the weekend there. After I packed my bag I took a shower and then got dressed. I was putting on my pants when somebody knocked on my door.

" Come in. " I said.

The door opened and it was my mom and she looked so happy. " Oh my baby. " she cooed pinching my cheeks.

" Kira you better not be messing with KJ. Let him get ready for his prom without any interruptions. " my dad said.

" Shut the hell up Khalil. " my mom rolling her eyes.

I laughed and then she hugged me but it wasn't any type of hug. It was the kind that said I Love You like no other.

" Ma what's wrong? " I asked pulling back.

" Nothing. Im just....Its nothing. " she said with a look of sadness in her eyes.

" You sure? " I asked.

" I'm sure baby. You finish getting ready but before you leave I want a couple of pictures. " she said kissing my cheek.

I watched as she left out my room and closed my door. I can tell that my mom is a little sad because soon I'll be leaving her and I'll be out on my own. Next month is graduation and I'm so looking forward to it. Im graduating at the top of my class along with Cameron and Ari. Diamond was supposed to be in the same class as us but she fell of during the middle of the year cause she started going through some things.

Once I was fully ready I drove over to Diamonds house. I grabbed the corsage from the backseat and then knocked on the door. Diamonds older brother Chance opened the door and he instantly smiled when he saw me.
Me and Chance are pretty close so he trusts me with his sister. " Wassup yungin'. " he said giving me dap.