Chapter 5 - Ring?

- JACQUEES POV -

" So which one you getting? " August asked me.

" I don't know but I do know that I want a beautiful and huge ass ring though. " I said.

I'm in some type of Jewelry store and I'm looking for an engagement ring for Kionna. Yeah that's right I think it's time me and her got married. Im here to buy the ring on spot so it ain't gone be no waiting. I was thinking about doing it tonight but I want to make it more sweet and romantic.

" Aye what about that one? " August asked pointing at a 14 karrot diamond ring.

" No. We need and females point of view. " I said.

" Aight I got chu. " he said.

I looked at him crazy cause I didn't know what he was about to do.
August walked off and came back with a beautiful girl. " Okay shorty. Do you think you could help us pick out an engagement ring for his girlfriend? " he asked the girl.

" Sure. " She said blushing at August and I swear August was smiling at the girl too.

" So what type of ring are you looking for? Are you looking for the type of ring that Beyonce would get or just a simple ring but it still stands out and it shows your love? " she asked.

" Uh I don't know. I want something that Beyonce would get but nothing to big cause she's not really a flashy jewelry person. " I said.

" Okay well come on let's look. " she said.

" I'm sorry but I didn't catch your name. " August said.

" Amber. What's yours? " she asked.

Holy shit this is the first girl that I know who doesn't know who August is. I seen August face light up and at the same time a little sad cause she didn't know who he was.

" You mean you don't know me? " August asked.

" No. Should I? " the girl questioned.

" Naw you good. My name August though. " he said licking his lips.

She nodded biting down on her lip trying to hide her smile.

" Now back to you. Let's go look. " she said.

I nodded my head and after 2 hours we finally found a ring. It was a 10 Katrot diamond ring something I knew Kionna would like.

" ThankYou Amber. I didn't mean to take up all your time. Just wanted to make sure I got my girl the right ring. " I said to Amber.

" Oh it's okay. I was just out browsing. Nothing serious. " she said.

August nodded at me an I knew he was trying to get at ole girl so I left and just decided to go shopping for Jasmine since she don't really have a lot cause she say she not all about material things or whatever.

I was in Citi Trends just browsing until somebody tapped my shoulder.

" Excuse me sir. Can I get through please? " The person asked.

" My bad ma. " I said turning around saw it was Kira.

" Oh hell it's you. Nigga move. " Kira said once she realized it was me.

" Well hello to you too motherfucker. " I said laughing.

" What's that bag? " she asked.

" Nothing with your nosey ass. " I said hiding the bag behind me.

" That's not nothing. Que are you proposing to Kionna? " Kira asked excitedly.

" Look your loud mouth ass better not tell nobody. I wanted it to be a surprise to everybody. " I said seriously.

" Awe can I see it? " she exclaimed.

I pulled out the ring and showed it to her and Kira went crazy. " Oh my god Que it's so pretty. Shes gone love it. " she smiled.

" I know. " I said smiling.

I truly do owe Amber cause what she did was nice. Who knows maybe I'll take her shopping or whatever.

Once Kira stopped gloating over the ring I had been to like 10 stores and I was ready to go cause me and Kionna are supposed to be going out tonight but August was no where near to be found. I was about to call him when he came around the corner. " Damn bout time. Is you ready? " I asked.

" Yeah. " he said smiling a little too hard.

" Why you smiling so hard? " I asked.

" Bruh shawty gave me her number and she really don't know who I am which is perfect for me cause if I was to ask her out she wouldn't be using me for my money. She'd be with me for me and not for the fame and the money and the cars. " he said.

" Oh shit. August Alsina in love. " I said joking with him.

He gave me the nigga please look and then we left. I dropped August off where he was staying and then went home before Jasmine got there. Its only 1:30 but you never know.

When I got home Kionna's car was parked in the driveway but that ain't mean she was home. I walked in the house and called her name.

" Kionna? Where you at? " I called out.

" I'm in the study. " She answered.

Me and Kionna had moved right before we had Jasmine cause Kionna said she wanted bigger space for the kids and she wanted her on little work thing at home so she wouldn't have to go out as much. I walked to study and Kionna was looking at her computer and typing something.

" Hey baby. " I said kissing her cheek.

" Hey. " She said not looking at me.

" What you working on? " I asked.

" A children's case. " she said still typing.

" Oh. So how's your day been so far? " I said trying to make conversation.

" Fine. " she replied.

" What's with the short answers? " I asked.

" Nothing. " she said.

I cut my eyes at her and she still wasn't paying me any attention so I just left out the room. Hell if Kionna want to act like that then let it be. I decided to go outside on the porch and just chill and wait for Jasmine.

**

" So how was your first day of school? " I asked Jasmine.

" It was fun daddy. I made 4 new friends and me, Tashay, and Isa are in the same class. " she squealed.

" Well that's good. Well did you learn anything? " I asked.

" Yup I learned how to do origami. I made you, mommy, and Cameron a whale. See. " she said showing me her artwork and I got to say for 6 year old her art work was bomb.

" That's amazing. Want to go give Mommy hers now? " I asked.

" Yes daddy. " she smiled.

I picked her up and carried her to the study where Kionna was. " Daddy what's this? " she asked as we neared the door.

" This is where mommy works sometimes. " I said opening the door.

" Mommy!!! " Jasmine yelled jumping out of my arms and running to Kionna.

" Hey baby. How was your first day? " Kionna asked picking Jasmine up and sitting her on her lap.

" It was fun. Look I made you a whale." she said giving Kionna her origami whale.

" Jasmine this is beautiful. " Kionna said.

" ThankYou. " Jasmine said.

Me, Kionna, and Jasmine talked for a little while about how Jasmine's day went until Cameron came home.

" Yo ma!! Dad!! Im home!! " Cameron yelled coming into the house.

" We're in the study!! " Kionna yelled.

Cameron came down here and we talked like we used to do and it felt good. I wouldn't trade my family for nothing in the world.

I looked at the clock and its was 4:30.

" Cameron do you think you could watch Jasmine and make sure she eats and takes her bath tonight? " I asked.

" Yeah sure I guess so. Where you and mom going? " he asked.

" I'm taking her out. " I said not wanting to ruin the surprise for Kionna.

" I want to go. " Jasmine whined.

" You can't go this time Jazzy. " Cameron said.

" Why not? " Jasmine asked.

" Cause tonight it's just me and mommy. " I said.

" But I want to go out too. " Jasmine pouted.

" How about Friday after you and Cameron get out of school we all go shopping as a family. " I suggested.

" Yeah about that. There's this party at Reigns house and I kinda want to go if that's cool with y'all. " Cameron said.

" And what time does this party start? " Kionna asked.

" Starts at 8 and it ends at 1. " Cameron said.

" H- "

" Yeah just be back here in this house no later than 2. " I said cutting Kionna off cause I knew she was gone say no.

" Thanks. " Cameron said.

We all walked out of the study and everybody went to their rooms.

I was standing by the bed taking off my watch and my SnapBack and stuff like that when Kionna came behind me and wrapped her arms around my torso. " I Love You. " she said laying her head on my back.

" I Love You Too. Now get ready. " I said smiling.

I turned around and Kionna had a sad look in her eyes but her face was happy. " What's wrong? " I asked her.

" What you mean? Im fine. " Kionna said.

" Okay. " I said not trying to push the subject.

" Que can I ask you something? " she asked.

" Yeah. " I said.

" Why don't you want to marry me? Is it something I did or said? " she asked looking down.

Whoa that caught me completely off guard.

" What? " I asked still shocked that she asked that.

" I just...Never mind. Ill go get ready so we can leave. " she said turning away from me.

" Un-Uh come here. " I said grabbing her arm.

I sat down on the bed with her in my lap and I wrapped my arms around her waist. " Baby look at me. " I said cause she wasn't even trying to look me in the face.

She shook her head no and that's when I seen a tear fall out her eye.

I put my finger under her chin and turned her head to me. " Baby I promise that one day me and you'll be married. Maybe sooner than you think. It's just that when we get married I don't want us to start off on the wrong foot that's all. Kionna I Love You and you know I do. I'd do anything for you. " I said truthfully.

" But Que we've been together for what? 13, 14 years. I've been waiting for a ring since Cameron turned 6. " she whined.

" Kionna I understand that but don't you want us to start our marriage off right? " I asked.

" Yeah but- "

" Exactly. Baby I promise before this year is up me and you will be engaged and you have my word. " I said kissing her cheek and cutting her off.

" You promise? " she asked.

" Cross my heart. " I said making her smile.

" Okay. " she said.

" Okay? " I said.

" Okay. " she said hugging me.

" Gimme a kiss. " I said.

She pecked my lips and I mugged her.

" What? " she asked innocently.

" It's okay. I got something for you later on. " I said nodding my head.

She winked at me and then got up and went to take a shower.

I knew that Kionna has been wanting to get married but I just don't want us to start our marriage off wrong and then we end up getting a divorce and I don't want to put my kids through that either. You get where I'm coming from right? No? Well damn it you better find out.

- KIONNA POV -

" Que where are we going? " I whined.

Que will not tell me where we are going for nothing and I hate that.

" If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now be quiet and sit back and enjoy the hour ride. " he said.

" An hour? " I said.

" Yes an hour. Now will you hush. " he said.

I gave him the meanest mug I could and then turned up the radio. I was not about to sit in a silent car for an hour. I got to have something.

" Did I say you could touch my radio negro? " he asked.

" First off you driving my car so it's my radio and secondly I'm not a negro. Im mixed. " I said mushing his head.

" Okay and who bought you this car and what are you mixed with? " he asked hitting my leg.

" Chris bought me this car so you can try again with that one and Im mixed with Asian, Indian, Black, and, White so how you feel. " I said.

" I'm gone let you think Chris bought you this car and you mixed with black so therefore you are still a negro. " he said.

I smacked my teeth and then hooked up my phone to the speaker in the car cause wasn't shit playing.

No sooner I turned the music up FDB started playing. I laughed cause if Chris was here he'd be turning the fuck up to this song. Him and Que be having me dying laughing when they dance to this.

I looked out the window and saw that it was starting to rain and then thunder and lighting started happening.

" Fuck. " Que mumbled.

" What? " I asked.

" I was gone take you to the beach and then out to eat but change of plans. Looks like we going back home. " he said.

" So what are we gone do? " I asked.

" I don't know. What time is it? " he asked.

" It's 11. " I said.

" Man damn. Ain't nothing to do but go back home. " He said.

" Baby it's okay we can do this another time. " I said.

" But I wanted to take you out tonight though. " he whined.

" Que it's okay. Lets just go back home and we can watch a movie or something. " I suggested.

" Aight. Hold on. " he said before making a U-Turn.

" Nigga is you trying to kill us before we make it home. " I exclaimed.

" I told your ass to hold on. " he said.

" Still Que its raining and you know the roads are slick. " I said.

This nigga must be crazy as hell making a damn turn like that. I don't know about him but I ain't trying to die yet.

" You want to drive? " he asked.

" Yeah cause your ass gone kill us. " I said.

He pulled over at a gas station and we switched sides. I don't know why but tonight everybody was out.

" Kionna can you go? " Que asked.

" If I could go don't you think I would motherfucker. " I said rolling my eyes.

" You doing the most man you could've took that turn. " he said.

" If I did the car would've sped up and hit us. If you don't remember we got kids at home to raise. I ain't trying to lose my life cause of a damn car accident. " I argued.

When the road was clear I went and I was doing 80.

My phone started ringing and it was a phone call. " Can you answer that for me please? "I asked Que.

He reached in my bag and grabbed my phone and answered it.

" Yo. " Que said in the phone.

I shook my head and kept driving.

" It's one of your clients maids or whatever. " he said handing me the phone.

" Put it on speaker for me. " I said.

He put the phone on speaker and I started talking.

" Hello. " I said.

" Is this Ms. Robison? " a female voice asked.

" Yes it is. May I ask who am I speaking to? " I asked.

" This is London. Mr. Martins maid. Im calling because he was just arrested and told me to call you and tell you to meet me at M&M's mart to give you bail money. " she said.

" Okay. Do you know what he was arrested for? " I asked.

" The police came and searched his house and found guns and other stuff. " she spoke.

" Okay. Well Ms. London I will meet you at M&M mart in 20 minutes. " I said.

" Yes ma'am. " she said before hanging up.

" I don't want to go with you to go bail out a client. " Que complained.

" Que you can get your ass out and walk for all I care. " I said turning around to go to M&M mart.

He smacked his teeth and leaned back
in his seat and turned up the radio.

I finally made it to mart and I seen red Camero so I pulled up beside it.

" Ms. London? " I said.

She rolled down her window and looked at me.

" Ms. Robison? " she asked.

" Yes ma'am. " I said.

She nodded and pulled out a silver brief case. " This is all cash. " she said.

" Que grab the case. " I said.

I looked at him and he had the nerve to be sleep. I shook him awake and he instantly woke up and hit me in my face.

" Oh shit Kionna baby I'm sorry that was a reflex. " he said touching me.

" Look I ain't even gone say nothing cause it was a reflex just grab the case so we can leave please. " I said clenching my jaw.

He grabbed the case and I pulled off.

" Kionna I'm sorry. I swear it was an accident. " Que said apologizing again.

" Que drop it. " I said.

" Bu- "

" Drop it damn it. And turn down this damn radio. Giving me a headache and shit. " I said turning the radio off.

I ain't even gone front that shit hurt when Que hit me and it gave me a headache.

He nodded and put in his headphones an I drove in silence due to my headache.

I pulled up at the police station and looked over and Que was sleep again so I ain't bother to wake his ass again. Hell I ain't about to get hit 2 times in one night.

I got out the car grabbing the brief case and walked into the police station.

" Hello Ms. Robison. " the lady at the desk Ms. Amy said.

" Hey Ms. Amy. Im here to bail out Jonah Martin. " I said.

" Okay bail is set at 24,000. " she said.

I nodded and gave her the brief case.

She counted out the money and gave me just about the whole damn brief case back. Damn how much money is in this brief case I thought to myself.

" Alright take a seat and he'll be out in minute. " she said.

I nodded my head and went to take a seat.

30 minutes later my client was released and just when we were walking out I swear to god I seen Jeremy.

I haven't seen him since that night at his house 6 years ago. He was handcuffed and I was shocked cause I've never known Jeremy to get in trouble with the law. " Ms. Robison are you okay? " Jonah asked me.

" Yeah. Jonah give me a second and I'll give you a ride home okay. " I said.

He nodded and I went back to the desk.

" Ms. Amy could you tell me if y'all have a Jeremy Hinson? " I asked her.

" Yes ma'am we do. He was just arrested for apparently fighting. " she said.

" Can you tell me his bail? " I asked.

" Yeah it's 15,000. " she said.

I nodded and pulled out my money that I had on me.

" I'd like to bail him out. " I said.

" Alright you know the process. " She said.

I sat down and 40 minutes later Jeremy came out.

He looked around trying to see who bailed him out. " Over here Jeremy. " I said.

He looked at me and looked shocked.

" Come on I got kids to get home to. " I said.

Jeremy and Jonah followed me to my car and Que was still sleeping so when I got in the car I slammed the door waking him up.

" Took you long enough. " He said.

" Excuse me? Look here let me tell you something it takes time to bail somebody out. It ain't like it is in the studio so you can shut your ass up or you gone find yourself walking home in the rain. " I snapped.

I heard Jonah chuckle in the back and Que turned around and then looked at me.

" Who the fuck is these niggas? " He asked with attitude.

" Que meet Jonah. Jonah meet my jackass boyfriend Que. " I said rolling my eyes.

" I'm gone show you a jackass in a minute. " Que said bucking at me.
" And who the fuck is the dude sitting behind you? "

" Jeremy say hey. " I said starting the car.

" Wassup. " Jeremy said.

" Oh hell no. Kionna is you fucking retarded to have this nigga in this car. " Que said getting angry but I could care less.

I didn't even respond I just started talking to Jonah.

" Jonah tell me what happened. " I said.

" Okay well I was eating dinner when the police knocked on my door. I opened the door and they came barging in my house and started looking around and they found my guns and tackled me to the ground and arrested me. " he said.

" Okay did they have a search warrant? " I asked.

" No ma'am. They just came in. " he said.

" Case dismissed. " I said.

" ThankYou. " Jonah said.

" No problem. " I said.

I turned up the radio just in time cause my brother was doing his damn thang.

When a rich nigga want ya

And your nigga can't do nothing for you

These hoes ain't loyal

Just got with cha

I took a broke nigga bitch

I can make broke bitch rich

But ion fuck with broke bitches

Got a white girl with some fake titties

I took her to the bay with me

Eyes closed smoking marjuina

Rolling up that Bob Marley ima rock star

She want to do drugs (do drugs)

Smoke weed, get drunk

She wanna a see a nigga trapping

She wanna fuck all the rappers

My brother Chris was killing his song Loyal and I was rapping along with it.

I dropped Jonah off at his house and tried to give him his brief case back.

" Jonah here's your brief case. " I said handing it to him.

" Nah keep it as a ThankYou gift for bailing me out. " he smiled.

" But Jonah its my job. Take your case and plus its so much money in there. " I said.

" It's only about 86 thousand and some change since you bailed me out but you keep it ma. " he said.

" 86 thousand? Jonah I can't keep that. " I said.

" You can and you will. By the way you can rap. " he said getting out of the car.

I waited till he got in his house safely and backed out and took Jeremy home.

" Thanks Kionna. " Jeremy said.

" No problem and Jeremy. " I said.

" Yeah? " he asked.

" Stay out of trouble. " I said smiling.

" Just for you I will. " he said kissing my cheek and then getting out of the car.

I felt my cheeks rising meaning I was blushing and I could tell Que wasn't happy cause I could feel his angryness.

I waited till he got safely in the house before pulling off. " What time is it? " I asked.

" 2:30. " he said.

I shook my head and continued driving. Once we got home I quickly ran in the house cause I wasn't trying to get wet and then it's still thundering and lighting. Hell I left my damn bag in the car. All I had got was my phone.

When I got in the house I went and checked on the kids and Jasmine was in the bed with Cameron. I guess she was scared of the thunder and lighting. I walked to the bedroom and Que was taking off his clothes.

I wanted to take a shower before I got in the bed so I took a quick 10 minute shower and put on some pajama pants and a tank top. I got in the bed and Que was just staring at me.

" What? "I asked.

" I like how you pulled that move in the car. " he said.

" What is you talking about? " I asked.

" Jeremy. " he said.

" Oh my god is you serious right now. Look I bailed him out and took him home and he gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek. " I said rolling my eyes.

" Well if it was such a damn friendly kiss why the hell was you blushing. " he said.

" Que I always blush when somebody hugs or touches me. I blush when August gives me a kiss on the forehead or when Chris hugs me or when our son says he loves me. " I said making a point.

" Whatever. " he mumbled turning over.

" You wouldn't have to worry about me doing you wrong if you gave me a damn ring. " I mumbled.

" What was that? "he asked.

" Nothing. Goodnight. " I said.

" Naw you want a ring so damn bad. " he said getting out of the bed.

He went to the closet and pulled out a bag that had a box in it.

" Here. There's your damn ring. Happy? We're engaged. " he said throwing the box at me.

" What the hell is your problem?!? " I screamed jumping out of the bed.

" You. Why you want a ring all of a sudden? Who said something that made you want a ring that damn bad cause you ain't ever said nothing about it till now!! " he yelled.

" I TOLD YOU I BEEN READY SINCE CAMERON TURNED 6!! " I yelled getting mad.

" Man whatever just go to sleep. " he said smacking his teeth.

" You know what. Take this shit back. I don't want it no more!! " I yelled throwing the damn engagement box back at him with tears streaming down my cheek.

" HELL NO I AINT TAKING THAT SHIT BACK!! YOU SAID YOU WANTED A RING SO THERE YOU GO. YOU PUT THAT SHIT ON AND BE HAPPY!! " he yelled.

" IF I DON'T WHAT YOU GONE DO PUNK NIGGA!! " I yelled.

" KEEP FUCKING WITH ME AND YOU AINT GONE LIKE WHAT I DO!! KEEP TRYING ME AND YOU GONE FIND YOURSELF HEARTBROKEN! " he growled.

" To late. " I said shaking my head and leaving out of the room.

I checked on Jasmine and Cameron and I saw that Cameron was up holding a crying Jasmine and Cameron looked scared.

" What's the matter? " I asked walking into the room.

" She woke up crying cause she heard you and dad screaming at each other. " Cameron said.

" Oh Jasmine I'm sorry. We didn't mean to wake you. " I said grabbing Jasmine.

" Are you and daddy gone break up? " She asked crying.

I was scared to even answer her question cause to be honest I didn't even know. If you ask me I think me and Que need a break just for a little while but I don't want to put the kids through that.

" I don't know baby. " I said truthfully.

" No Jasmine we're not. We're just at a rocky part in our relationship. That's all. " Que said behind me.

I looked at him and his eyes showed sorrow.

How did we get here once again?

😌😔😌😔😌😔😌😔😌😔😌😔😌😔😌😌😌😌😌😔😌😔😌😔

- Wow.

- What you think?

- Is Kionna over reacting over that ring?

- Que getting jealous.

- Jeremy is back in the picture once again.

- What Que and Kionna gone do about they relationship.

- I have question. Do y'all miss the other characters like Aunt Charmaine and Deja, and Mama Rosie, and Kionna's parents?