Chapter 14 - The Big Day

- CAMERON POV -

Today is June 20th so it's the day before my mom and dad get married and right now we at the wedding rehearsal just chilling until everybody got here. " Cameron come here. " my great aunt Charmaine said.

" Yes ma'am? " I said.

" Can you go get me a cup of water please and tell you father I said come here? " she asked.

" Yes ma'am I got you. " I said walking away.

I went to go get her a cup of water and I found my dad talking to his sister Miracle. " Yo pops. Aunt Charmaine wants you. " I said.

" Aight. " he said walking with me.

" You nervous for tomorrow? " I asked.

" Damn-- I mean yeah. " he said catching what he was about to say since we in a church.

I laughed and then saw my mom talking with one of her cousins Shari or either Iyunna. I don't know cause they twins.

" Cameron come here. " my mom said.

" Hold on let me take Aunt" Charmaine her water. " I said.

" Ill take it. " my dad said.

I handed him the water and then jogged over to my mom. " Cameron this is your cousin Mike and this is Darien. " she said.

" Boy I ain't seen you since you was little. " Mike said.

" Right. Boy done grown and all. " Darien said.

" How old you is now? " Mike asked.

" I'm 13. Ill be 14 in August though. " I said.

" Damn little man. So that mean you in the 9th grade this year huh? " Darien said.

" Yeah I'm a freshman. " I nodded.

I talked with them for a little while longer until KJ finally showed up. I swear Aunt Kira and Uncle Khalil stay being late. " Bout time. " I said giving him dap.

" Man parents started arguing so that made us late. " KJ laughed.

" Okay everybody we ready to get started!! " my dad shouted so he got everybody's attention.

" Hello everyone my name is Rosie and I was the wedding planner of this wedding. I've been in the business for about 5 years now and I Love it. I get to see new couples everyday and I get to see all the fancy and crazy ideas that couples have for their wedding and its just a sight to see. Well without further delay we'll get started. Can I have the flower girls first? " Rosie asked.

Isa, Ta'Shay, and Jasmine all went up to where the woman was and she showed the what they were supposed to do.

" Okay now I would like the Groomsmen and Bridesmaids to come up. " she said.

Durante, Chris, My dads cousin Ello, Bobby, Khalil, and KJ all got up cause that was the groomsmen. As for the bridesmaids you had Aunt Miracle, Aunt Leah, Aunt Kira, Aunt Rozzie, Iyunna and Aunt Leah's litter sister Kiyah. She showed them what they were supposed to do and how fast they were supposed to walk and all of that.

" Now I need the Mini groom an Mini bride. " Rosie said.

That was my cue so I got up but Ari was no where around. " Has anybody seen Ari? " My mom asked.

" Yeah I think she in the back with Ms. Charmaine and Shari helping them cook the food. " KJ said.

I ran to the back and sure enough Ari was helping them cook. " Yo baby-- I mean Ari come on. " I said cutting myself off cause I ain't want to hear nobody mouth about me being to young to have a girlfriend and all of that.

" What you want? " Ari asked setting food out.

" It's our turn to rehearse now come on. " I urged.

She washed her hands and then she looped her arm with mines and we walked back inside the church.

" Okay. I need for you to walk right here but at a steady pace. " Rosie told me.

I did as she told me to and then Ari did as she was told and we got it right after 3 tries then she moved on to my mom and dad. I have to say it was a sight to see cause my mom was nervous as ever like she was getting married right now and you could tell she was nervous because of the way she held her head but it might have just been the pregnancy since she is carrying twins. That's right a nigga about to have little twin brothers. Ain't that some shit.

" Okay after that the couples will do their vows that they both have written correct? " the pastor asked.

" Yes. " my dad said.

" I think this is gone be a cute wedding. Chris and August are singing and then the colors are so beautiful. " Ari said laying her head on my shoulder.

" Yeah it's gone dope. " I said interlocking our fingers together.

After everybody got their part down in the wedding Rosie wanted to do a run of it to make sure everybody knew what they're supposed to do and it went perfect. Just how my mom wanted it to be. To say I was excited for tomorrow would be an understatement. Im more than happy. I mean my parents finally getting married.

After the rehearsal was over we all went to the kitchen in the church and ate. Aunt Charmaine, Shari, and Ari did so good with the food. They cooked Chicken, Spaghetti, Corn, Honey Glazed Ham, and Rice. Then they had salad and fruit bowls. For dessert Peach Cobbler, Strawberry pie, and a double chocolate cake with whipped cream on the top.

" Auntie you did a good job cooking this. Me and my twins are full. " my mom said rubbing her stomach.

" That's good. I can't take all the credit. Ari made the double chocolate cake, she put the fruit together and then she cooked the chicken while Shari made the corn and Strawberry pie and the rice. " Aunt Charmaine chuckled.

" Well the food was delicious. " my dad said.

" You got any ice cream though? " my mom asked.

" Told you. Where my money at? " I laughed to my dad.

Me am my dad made a bet on wether my mom was gone want some ice cream or not and he kept saying she shouldn't want any because of all the desserts they was gone make but I know my mom. I knew she was still gone want some IceCream regardless. It's just how she is.

" Shut up Cameron. " He said mugging me.

" I know y'all ain't make a bet on me? " my mom asked.

" Sorry but yeah we did. " I said kissing her cheek.

" Kionna what you gone name my nephews? " Aunt Deja asked sitting down an rubbing my moms stomach.

" You'll find out when they're born. " she said swatting her hand away.

See my parents acting like they can't tell no body what they gone name the twins. They want to wait till they born to tell us which I hate but its their decision.

After everybody ate everybody went home. Well my dad went with Uncle Issa and so did I. When we got to Uncle Issa's house I went straight to sleep. A nigga was tired as hell.

- JACQUEES POV -

***Next Day***

Well today is the day me and Kionna are getting married and I'm nervous as hell like it doesn't make sense. " You ain't getting cold feet is you? " Issa asked putting his hand on my shoulder.

" Naw. Just a little nervous that's all. " I smiled.

" I know what you mean bruh but when she walks down that aisle and y'all join hands it'll be the best feeling you'll ever get. " he said.

Issa and Leah have already gotten married two months ago and so have Khalil and Kira so it just left me and Kionna to get married. " Awe look at my son. " my mom cooed coming into the room.

" Ma what you doing in here? " I asked chuckling.

" I just had to see my son. Have y'all took pictures yet? " she asked.

" Nah Tevin ain't here yet. " I said.

I had Tevin be the photographer since he can do some amazing work with the camera and I trust him very well not to screw up with anything.

" Oh he need to hurry up. " she laughed.

" Ma. How's Kionna? " I asked. I just had to know how she was.

" She's all over the place and her being pregnant doesn't help either. " she chuckled.

" She's not having second thoughts is she? " I asked.

" Of course not. Are you? " she asked raising her eyebrow.

" No. Im just a little nervous. " I said fixing my tie.

" It's normal. " she shrugged.

" You look nice ma. '' I complimented.

" I better. This was not cheap. '' she said.

My mom had on a red two piece church suit and black accessories. She really did look beautiful.

" Aye Tevin's here and people are starting to arrive. '' Cameron said.

" Okay. I'll be out in a minute. " I said.

I'm not gone lie if you ask me how I looked I'd say like no other. I had my dreads in the usual way I wear them. So in its pony tail only cause Kionna said she likes when I have my hair like that. I had on a black Versace suit with a red Versace tie. I know y'all like this nigga wearing straight Versace well a nigga only plan on getting married once so I want to make sure I wear something nice and its comfortable at the same time. '' Que hurry up. " Khalil said rushing me.

" Aight I'm coming. " I said.

While walking outside in front of the church to take pictures Issa stopped me. " Close your eyes. " he said.

" Why? " I asked.

" Cause the bride is out there. You know that it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. " he said.

I closed my eyes and he put his hand over my eyes and led me outside.

" Alright. " he said taking his hands off my eyes.

" Congrats bruh. " Tevin said dapping me up.

" Thanks. " I said.

" Alright first we'll take a picture of you and your son. " he said.

I nodded and he got Cameron and we took a few pictures. Some with crazy faces and just regular pictures that you take on a wedding day.

" We got 45 minute and counting till wedding starts. 20 minutes before the wedding starts I want everybody lined up with who they're walking with!! " Rosie shouted from inside of the church but we heard her from outside.

She came outside and watch as Tevin took pictures but she had a little girl with her who I'm guessing was her daughter but I didn't pay any attention to it.

After Tevin finished with us he went to take photos of the girls and then we could get the wedding started. I took a peak inside the church and man was it packed like a motherfucker. Some faces I recognized and others I didn't.

" Okay wedding is about start. Is everybody in place? " Rosie asked.

" Yeah. " everybody nodded.

" Que and Issa what are y'all still doing out here? Go take your places in the church. " Rosie said.

Since Issa was my best man he had to stand out there with me and watch as everybody walked up the aisle. When I walked out everybody started taking pictures or whatever.

The music started and Chris started singing. I watched as the bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the aisle and took their places. Not gone lie I was getting a little emotional and I hated crying. I don't know why I just did. Jasmine, Isa, and Ta'Shay came and put the black and red rose petals down and I knew Kionna was about to come out. " The bride is coming!!! The bride is coming!!! '' KJ yelled running up the aisle. KJ said he wanted to be something other than a groomsmen to so he said he wanted to yell the bride is coming. Everybody chuckled and then Kionna stepped into view. " All rise. " the pastor seat.

Kionna looped her arm through her fathers and he walked her up the aisle.

" Do you give this beautiful bride away to this man? " the pastor asked.

" I do. " her father said.

He kissed her cheek and then took a seat next to his wife Kimbella.

The pastor motioned for the people to sit down and they did. Me and Kionna joined arms. Here we go.

- KIONNA POV -

Here we go. Im about to marry the man that I Love deeply and I couldn't be happier but these emotions got me crying and happy and unsure all at the same time. I didn't even realize that I was crying until Que wiped my face with his thumb. " Don't mess up your make up. " he smiled.

I nodded and the pastor started with the ceremony.

" We are gathered here today to join Ms. Kionna and Mr. Rodriquez and see them come as one. I believe the couples have chose to do their own vows so Ms. Kionna why don't you start us off. " the pastor said.

I took a deep breath and before I could say anything one of the twins started kicking making me grab my stomach. Sometimes when they kick it can be a wonderful thing and at others it can be painful as hell. " You okay? " Que asked.

" Yeah. Just a pain that's all. " I said.

He nodded and I started my vows.

" Que I don't even know where to start. We've been through a lot these past 13 almost 14 years but we still remain together. I Love You with all my heart and I will always and forever be here for you. Every night when we go to sleep I Love how you wrap your arms around me and hold me and rub my stomach. You mean everything to me and I never want lose you. I promise to always and forever be here for you no matter what we go through. We have two beautiful and amazing kids with two more on the way and maybe another one in the future. I couldn't ask for anything better than this right here. What we have is something I will always cherish no matter what. I Love You more than I Love myself. " I said trying to blink away the tears that were forming in my eyes.

" Rodriquez. " the pastor said nodding to Que letting him know it was his turn.

" Kionna from the first time I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one that I wanted and needed. I longed to have you and we've been together every since senior year in high school and I couldn't be happier. Ill admit that I've made some mistakes in the past but I've learned from them and I wont ever do them again cause I almost lost you. There are times when we have our differences but we always work them out and at the end of the day I couldn't be at a better place than to be at home with you and our kids. You've given me like you said two wonderful children with two more on the way. There's not a thing that I wouldn't do for you. Baby girl I swear I'm so in Love with you if you say jump I'll say how high. I can't promise that I won't ever hurt you in the future because knowing me I'll probably say something I don't mean but just know that I'm not trying to hurt you intentionally. I Love You so much and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you. " He said wiping my tears away.

" Alright well can we have the rings? " the pastor asked.

Que's brother came up and gave us the rings. Que grabbed my ring along with my hand. " Rodriquez do you promise to always be there for Kionna. Promise to never leave her side. Promise to take care of her through sickness and health. Promise to Love her for rich or poor. Promise to Love her to the eternity as you both shall live. " the pastor said.

" I do. " he said slipping the ring on my left ring finger.

" Kionna do you promise to always be there for Rodriquez. Promise to never leave his side. Promise to take care of him through sickness and health. Promise to love him for rich or poor. Promise to love him for eternity as you both shall live. " the pastor said.

" I do. " I said putting Que's ring on his finger while smiling.

" Well by the state power vested in me I know pronounce you two husband and wife. Mr. and Mrs. Broadnax. You may now kiss your bride. " said the pastor.

Que put his both of his hands on both sides of my face and gently pulled me in. He kissed me gently but passionately and I loved it. I pulled back chuckling with tears streaming down my face. " Don't cry. Mrs. Broadnax. " Que grinned.

" I can't help it. We're finally married." I squealed.

📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱

Awe they're finally married. What did y'all think about this and Happy NewYears. It's 2014 and I hope everyone starts off their New Year safe and happy.