Chapter 8 - Everything Is Okay

- KIONNA POV -

Before Cameron got hit***

" I Love You Baby. " Que said pinching my thigh.

" Baby stop. " I blushed.

Me, Que, Tevin, Issa, Leah, Chris, Khalil, Kira, Bobby, and Durante were all at Leah and Issa's house just chilling. We were in the kitchen while the kids were outside playing or whatever. " Kionna get up. I something to do for you. " Que said.

I looked at him crazy but I did get up and he told me to cover my eyes and I did as told.

" Que what are you doing? " I asked.

" Hold on you'll see. " he said.

I could hear the girls gasping and it only made me wonder what he was doing more. " Okay now open. " Que said.

I opened my eyes and Que was down on one knee with a ring in his hand.

" Que don't play with me like this. You know how bad I want to get married. " I said turning my head.

" I'm not playing. Kionna baby I Love You. You have been here with me through it all and I couldn't be happier. I don't know why but you've always stuck by my side no matter what I did to you. Kionna I know that you've been waiting for this moment for so long and I kind of planned on doing this tomorrow but I couldn't wait any longer. I guess you get the picture of what I'm trying to say. Kionna Robison will you do me the honor of letting me change your name to Mrs. Kionna Broadnax? " Que said.

By the time he finished my tears were beginning to start. " Hell yes. A thousand times yes. " I said shaking my head up and down.

I've been waiting for this moment for so damn long and now that its here I'm never gone forget it. He stood up and slid the ring on my finger and I squealed. " How you like your ring? " he asked.

" I don't like it. " I said shaking my head.

When I said that Que's face dropped and it was so cute.

" I don't like my ring baby. I Love it. " I said hugging him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and it didn't feel like anybody else was in the room. Just me and my baby but that moment was cut short when Ari came into the house screaming and panicking.

" SOMEBODY CALL 911!!! CAMERON AND JASMINE GOT HIT!!! " Ari cried.

" What? " I asked.

" They got hit I'll explain later but come on. " Ari said.

I quickly ran outside to see both of my children laying in the road and Cameron looked lifeless while Jasmine did too. " OMG CAMERON!! " I yelled crying.

I looked up and Que was crying himself and that's when the police cars and ambulances and fire trucks came.

" Cameron wake up!! " I yelled through tears.

I got no response. " Jasmine you wake up too!! " I cried.

Both of my kids look hurt so bad and they might not even make it. I looked at the car and automatically recognized it. It was Jeremy's. I know damn well his ass didn't hit my fucking kids cause if he did he better get a damn restraining order on me or either watch his damn back from now on.

I tried to touch Cameron and Jasmine but the paramedics wouldn't let me.

" Why does this have to always happen to us. " I cried in Que's chest.

" Shh. Baby it's gone be okay. You know both of our kids are some fighters. They gone make it. " Que said trying not to cry himself.

" But what did we do to deserve this. Its always us. " I whined.

" It's gone be okay. Let's get to the hospital so when the ambulances get there we'll already be there. " he said.

I nodded my head and ran to go get the keys to my car and my bag. I mean haven't y'all noticed that its like everything bad only happens to me and Que? Why is that? What the hell did we do that was so damn wrong that our kids have to suffer for?

On the way to the hospital I cried the entire time cause I Love both of my kids to death and what makes it so bad is that I've never done anything wrong to them. I've never hit them which thinking back I probably should have at least whooped them when they. came of age but other than that I haven't didn't anything but love them. After about an hour the doctor told us to go to the 8th floor and wait in the waiting room and that was it. They didn't say wether they were in surgery or wether they were okay or anything. Just go to the 8th floor and wait in the waiting room was all he said. Me and everybody else did as he said and while on the elevator I had a break down and I just sat in the elevator floor crying. I didn't care who was in the elevator with us. I was hurting and I was hurting bad.

" Come on baby get up. " Que said bending down in front of me.

" What if...What if- "

" Hush. Don't think like that. " I heard Leah say.

" She's right. Kionna I told you we got two strong children who need us more than anything right now. You know for a fact that Cameron is fighter and that he'll make it. Jasmine too. Now get up and Leah and Kira are gone take you to the bathroom so you can get cleaned up okay. " Que said.

I nodded my head and got up while Leah and Kira walked me to the bathroom. " Ugh I hate public restrooms. " Leah groaned.

" Shut your ass up. " Kira said making me laugh a little.

I wiped my face up and then I redid my hair and put it in a ponytail. Once I finished that I walked to the waiting room and sat near Que. I laid my head on his shoulder and and he grabbed
my hand and held it. I looked up at him and gave him a weak smile. " Its gone be okay. I promise. " he said kissing my forehead.

" I hope so. " I sighed.

10 hours later***

10 hours later and we still don't know nothing and I'm starting to get worried and grow impatient. Like damn how long does it take for you to tell somebody what the hell is wrong with they children. It's Christmas Day and where am I spending it? At a hospital.

" Kionna you hungry? " my mom asked me.

" No ma'am. " I said shaking my head.

" Well me and Kimbella are going to the snack machine okay. " Mama Rosie said.

I nodded my head and they left to go to the snack machine. " Still nothing? " Kira asked coming out of the bathroom.

" Nope nothing. " I sighed.

I looked over at Ari and KJ and they both looked stressed and tired. Both of them had been crying the entire time we had been here. I've never seen KJ cry as hard as he cried earlier so I knew his friendship with Cameron was something real. Cameron has a lot friends but the main one he kicks it with is KJ. Them boys have been best friends since they both were born. To me they're more like brothers and I treat KJ just like he is one of my own and Kira does the same with Cameron.

I started playing with my engagement ring on my finger. Im so happy that Que finally proposed to me. It means the world to me that he did cause I had given up that he would.

" What's the matter? You don't like your ring? " Que asked.

" Baby I told you I Love it. " I said smiling.

He pecked my lips and that's when Jeremy ass came in. Que better get a tight grip on me cause all hell is about to break loose in this waiting room and I ain't playing.

- JACQUEES POV -

I looked at Kionna and she was playing with her ring as if she didn't like it. " What's the matter? You don't like your ring? " I asked.

" Baby I told you I Love it. " Kionna said smiling at me.

I smiled and pecked her lips.

We are still in this waiting room and we still ain't heard nothing about Jasmine nor Cameron and its killing me on the inside but I got to stay strong for Kionna. I felt Kionna's body jerk as I held her hand and something wasn't right. I looked at her and she had an angry expression on her face but she was looking straight ahead.

Just as I was about to say something this nigga gone step in front of Kionna with a bouquet of flowers like he was right. I swear to god I'm about tired of Jeremy ass like damn can you leave me and mines alone.

" Kionna I heard what happened and I'm sorry. " Jeremy said sympathetically.

" Yeah you ' Heard ' what happened. " Kionna said bitterly putting emphasis on the word heard.

" Are your kids okay? " he asked.

" Why the fuck you care you the one who hit them any damn way. " Kionna said turning red.

Hold up. Pause. Rewind. Now play it again. I know damn well this punk nigga ain't hit my damn kids. Oh he about to get it now.

" The fuck?! " I yelled.

" Who told you? " Jeremy asked.

" Nobody. I figured it out. I know your license plate and I know your car. You know I got every right in the damn boom to beat your ass and then turn around and sue you? Nigga you hit my damn kids and ran. That's a fucking hit and run accident. '' Kionna growled.

" Kionna I swear I am so sorry. I was doing 80 in a 25 mph zone and I was texting so I wasn't paying attention. " he said.

" NIGGA WHY THE FUCK WAS YOU ON THE PHONE ANY DAMN WAY?!!? " I yelled.

See he done pissed me the fuck off big time. I know I be texting and driving too but this nigga was doing 80 while texting at the same time. You can't do that. If you gone text and drive you got to drive slow if you ain't texting and paying attention then it doesn't matter as much.

" I was trying to get to the airport before I missed my flight and then I was texting my girlfriend to let her know that I was on my way. '' he pleaded.

" Man leave fore I fuck your shit up. " I said smacking my teeth.

" I'm sorry. I really am. I got you these flowers. " He said to Kionna.

Kionna smiled and took the flowers then she looked at me. " Fuck you and these damn flowers. Im cutting all tides of with your ass. Im done. Leave me and my fiancée alone. " Kionna said throwing the flowers on the ground and stepping on them.

" I- "

I cut his ass off with a blow to the face and I probably cracked his nose cause I heard the loud crunch sound. He just made me so damn mad that I couldn't control my anger. " Oh shit. " Khalil exclaimed while getting up and rushing to us and getting in the middle so that way nothing else could happen. Jeremy was holding his head back so the blood wouldn't pour everywhere.

" Okay I deserved that. " he said sighing.

" You deserve a hell of a lot more. Now leave damn it. " Kionna said calmly.

Jeremy nodded his head and then left. I looked at my knuckles and they were blood shot red. " Are you okay? " Kionna asked me.

" Yeah I'm fine. " I said rubbing my face with my hand.

" Family of Cameron and Jasmine Broadnax. " a doctor said.

When he said that me and Kionna ran over to him along with everybody else.

" Okay where are the parents? " he asked.

" Right here. " Kionna said grabbing my hand.

" Alright well I'm going to start with Jasmine. She is fine. Nothing to serious and nothing major. She has a fractured arm and she had concussion but she's okay. Cameron on the other the hand. " he started.

When he said that Kionna squeezed my hand and it felt like she was giving birth all over again but I didn't say nothing cause I knew she was scared.

" What about Cameron? " my mom asked.

" Cameron lost a lot of blood and he needs a blood transfusion. He has a concussion also and he has a broken leg and a bruised arm. He's in a medically reduced coma so that means he should wake up within the next two weeks. Other than that both of your kids are fine. I got to say y'all got some strong kids cause most people wouldn't have survived. " the doctor finished.

When he did that a smile spread across Kionna's face and I was happy too. " About the blood transfusion. " Kira said.

" Yes he's going to need blood by the end of this month or its not going to be pretty. " The doctor said.

" I'll do it. Im his dad. " I said.

" Baby are you sure? You know I don't mind doing it. " Kionna asked.

" Kionna I'm good. " I said.

" Alright well follow me. " the doctor said.

" Wait. Can I see them? " Kionna asked.

" You may. Jasmine is in room 812 and Cameron is in room 835. " He said.

Kionna nodded her head and then I followed the doctor.

Once the doctor took the blood or whatever I had to wait 10 minutes to see if I was a match. I was in my phone when I didn't even notice the doctor in the room.

" Well Mr. Broadnax you're a match. I'll began the surgery now. " he said.

I nodded my head and then left to go find Kionna. I walked back out and my mom, Miracle, Rozzie, and Kira was in the waiting room.

" Where's Kionna? " I asked.

"She's in Jasmine's room. Room 812. " my mom said.

I thanked her and then went to see my baby girl. Both of my baby girls.

I walked in the room and Kionna was standing up looking at Jasmine while crying. I wrapped my arms around Kionna waist and it scared her but she relaxed when she saw it was me. " Told you we got some strong kids. " I said kissing her cheek.

" Yeah I guess you were right. " she said smiling.

" You guess? Girl you better know. " I said squeezing her making her laugh.

" Merry Christmas Baby. " she said.

" Merry Christmas. " I said.

3 weeks later***

Today is the day that Cameron gets to come home and he is happier than anything. Jasmine couldn't come him yet because they had to do another surgery on her arm and they wanted to keep her for a while to make sure she was okay. Cameron has to use crutches for the next 3 months but knowing him he is just like his momma so he'll probably use them for the next couple of weeks and then he'll start hopping all over the damn place.

" Can we see Jasmine before we go? " Cameron asked.

" Sure. " I said nodding my head.

I rolled Cameron into the elevator and then to Jasmine's room. Kionna wasn't here because she had a business meeting and she won't be back until later on tonight. " Hey Jasmine. " Cameron said.

" Hey Cameron. " Jasmine smiled.

" How you feeling? " Cameron asked.

" I feel alright. Cameron I'm sorry. " Jasmine said sadly.

" For what? " he asked.

" For being in the road and causing you to get hurt. " Jasmine said as tears glistened in her eyes.

I stood there in awe as my kids talked to each other. Jasmine may be only 7 years old but she knows what she's talking about. " Its okay. " Cameron said kissing her forehead.

They talked for a little while longer and then we had to leave. I gave Jasmine a hug and a kiss.

" Yo is it cool if I go back to school tomorrow? " Cameron asked once we got in the car.

" Cameron what did the doctor say. " I said.

" But come on dad. I've already missed one week. I don't want to miss anymore days and end up failing. " Cameron complained.

What I tell you. Boy looks like me but acts like his momma. " Alright Cameron I guess and you know you'll be a car rider for the next 3 months right. " I said.

" But I don't like being a car rider. I like riding the bus. " he whined.

" Well you better get used to it. " I said turning up the radio.

Cameron nodded his head and then yawned. He pulled out his phone and played a game until he fell asleep. My poor son got to use crutches for the next 3 months and he can't even play basketball this year for his team and I know that he's mad about that cause basketball is that boys passion.

We got to the house and I tried to help Cameron but he wouldn't let me.

" Where momma at? " Cameron asked.

" Right here baby. " Kionna called out before I could answer.

She walked out of the kitchen scaring the hell out of me. " I thought you wasn't getting home until later on tonight? " I said.

" Meeting ended early so they let everybody go early. " Kionna said shrugging her shoulders.

I nodded my head and kissed her cheek. " Ma is that a ring on your finger? " Cameron asked.

" Yes it is. " Kionna said showing him the ring.

" Dang. How long was I gone? " Cameron asked.

" It happened before you and Jasmine's accident. " Kionna said.

" Oh. Well I'm happy for y'all. So this means no more arguing and keeping me and Jasmine up late at night right?" Cameron asked.

" For now. We're still going to have our differences but we won't argue as much. " I told Cameron truthfully.

" Well that's good. Im gone go upstairs and take a nap. Is it cool if KJ and Ari come over later with a couple of my other friends? " Cameron questioned.

" I guess Cameron but no more than 10 only cause me and your father are going out later on tonight. " Kionna said.

" Yes ma'am. " Cameron said limping away.

See what I mean. It ain't even a whole day yet and he already don't want to use his crutches. My son is something else.

" And if your gone go to school tomorrow you know the rules about your company. " I called out after him.

" Yes sir. " he said.

I grabbed Kionna's hand and led her into the living room and we sat in the love seat. " I Love You. " she said straddling me.

" And I Love You Too. " I said resting my hands on her waist.

She bit her lip and blushed. " So what are gone do until later on tonight? " she asked.

" Baby it's a lot we can do. " I said licking my lips.

" PLEASE DON'T CAUSE I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT!! " Cameron yelled making me and Kionna laughed.

" I THOUGHT YO ASS WAS TAKING A NAP!! " Kionna laughed.

" I am. But I don't want to hear y'all having sex. That's just nasty. " Cameron said standing over rail upstairs so you can look downstairs with out falling.

" Well how do you think you and your sister got here? " I asked.

" I know. I pay attention in health class. " Cameron said.

Me and Kionna laughed and Cameron went back into his room. " That's your son. " Kionna laughed.

" Aye he's yours too. " I said smiling.

" I know. ThankYou. " she said.

" For what? " I asked.

" For giving me two wonderful but bad kids and for always being here for me even though we have our problems. I'll always Love You and you only and I'm proud to wear this ring. I can't wait to be Mrs. Rodriquez Broadnax. " Kionna said kissing me while sucking on my bottom lip.

" I can't wait either baby. You know you mean the world to me. " I said smiling.

I know I've said this before but my baby means the world to me and my kids do too. Im happy that I got somebody as wonderful as Kionna and I wouldn't trade her for nothing in the world.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

- How did like this chapter though?

- Que finally proposed to Kionna. Yay!!

- Cameron and Jasmine are okay.

- Jeremy stupid ass hit Jasmine and Kionna. SMH.

- I hope y'all liked this cause it came from the top of my head.

- Once again Merry Christmas. I hope you all enjoy today with your families and have a fun Christmas.