Chapter 26: The Summoning-Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I don't even know what Simon was doing at the crypt, we weren't supposed to go back there until next week! This is all such a freaking mess!"

Elvira then looked at Marie and asked, "What about me Lieutenant? How can I be of assistance?"

"Are you by any chance related to Alcott Milton the occult expert?" Jones asked and Elvira nodded her head.

She then explained to them, "Alcott is my grandfather. I've been living with him ever since my parents' spirits reclaimed the astral plane! He taught me everything I know about the occult."

"So you must know everything that should be known about the ritual inside the crypt correct?" Marie asked.

The young woman just smiled and said, "In short, it's all about gaining eternal life. Almost every blood ritual is about eternal life, but that's what makes them all so boring! I mean who cares about life? But Steven and Simon wouldn't even take a step back, so I just stood by and answered their questions. And as I predicted, it all failed. I mean, those things are hard work!"

After Jones and Marie were done talking to Ophelia and Elvira, they gathered up the trash bag Marie found and started to head back to the car when Marie said, "Those goth girls were kind of weird."

"Well yeah, you can say they were. But then again, I don't think anyone else can really surprise me anymore in this district," Jones added in.

Suddenly, Marie heard Elvira's name calling her and she turned to see the young women race up to her. Once she was in front of the female officer, Elvira said to her, "If I may have a moment Lieutenant? I think you should have a chat with Mrs. Bell the librarian cause I think she placed a curse on Simon before he died."

Jones then looked at the young woman and told her, "We already had a talk with her and we already know that he broke into the library to steal that horrible book that still gives me the shivers. But that doesn't mean she hurt him."

"Well actually, he was supposed to take another book, but Mrs. Bell caught him in the act so I can't blame him. That woman can get really angry when it concerns her books," Elvira told the two officers.

After hearing that Simon tried to steal another book, Marie and Jones both thought about it and they knew that they weren't drowning in leads at the moment. So they decided to take another look at the library and thanked Elvira for the tip. Once they got back to the library, Jones found the book they were looking for and he started to shake and said, "Looks like we found another one of these monstrosities!"

Marie then picked it up just as Jones suggested that they look inside, but they gave to be brave about it. Suddenly, Natir found a pile of voodoo accessories and she thought to herself, is everyone in this district following some sort of cult?! Jones then placed his hands on Marie's shoulders and said, "Don't hurt yourself when you look through that voodoo stuff okay Marie? I don't want you to get cursed!"

Marie smirked and asked, "Really David, I thought you didn't believe in curses?"

Jones then straightened up and said, "I'm just being wary that's all!"

Soon, Marie decided to look through the pile of voodoo stuff first and as she was doing that Jones thought to himself, I never thought I'd see so many voodoo accessories in one place. Maybe that's the reason I feel sick every time I return a book late. Suddenly, Marie pulled out a library card that belonged to their victim and the two officers started to wonder why it was in that pile. Jones then looked at Marie and asked, "What do you think partner? Do you think Constance really did curse Simon?"

"We should ask the high priestess herself and find out for ourselves," Marie suggested and she headed towards the librarian's office with Jones following.