39 - Singing

All the words sung are surrounded with the 🎶 emoji

My hands danced along the new piano and my fingers flowed effortlessly along the strings of the acoustic guitar. I sung my heart out to the music as well as I could. I hadn't practiced my music in so long and I felt like I was home.

🎶"Enclosed in a shrine"🎶 I sung. 🎶"D-o-l-l-h-o-u-s-e I see things that nobody else sees"🎶. 🎶"Ashes ashes time to go down"🎶 🎶"Wake me up inside, wake me up inside."🎶

I hadn't sung in such a long time. It felt so good. After I finished my last song I heard clapping from behind. I turned around and my boyfriend Mark stood there watching me.

"How long have you been there?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter. How long has it been since you did all this? You are amazing." He said walking over to me and caressing my face.

"5 years." I said.

"Why." Mark said. It was more of a statement than question.

"I don't know." I replied. He was stroking my hair and looking deeply into my eyes.

"Promise me something Y/N."

"Okay." I said.

"Promise me that you will always keep music with you. I've never heard you sing before. Or play an instrument. Or see you this happy before. Just don't give it up." I smiled.

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep that promise Mark." He took his hands away from my face and hair and placed them in my hands.

"Why do you think that." He said.

"I feel judged. If I sing in public people stare and I feel uncomfortable. I split myself apart from music all together because I thought... I thought I was bad. I lost all my happiness because music was my happiness. Music is my happiness." He looked at me in confusion.

"Y/N... They were staring at you because you're phenomenal at singing. You need to stop thinking so bad about yourself because you are amazing. You're so talented, funny, beautiful, the list goes on for a long ass time. Just please... Do what you love... It makes you happy so it makes me happy..." Mark said. My only response was to kiss him. I kissed him with so much passion. My arms wrapped around his neck and his fell to my waist. This man made me so happy. The only reason I started playing my music again is because of him. I thought about how Mark brought me my happiness; that led to this.

"I love you Y/N with all my heart. Words can't describe how much I love you. I really wish you'd be more happy about yourself because you are such an amazing person. I love you so much you don't even know." Before I could say anything Mark kissed me again. Once he pulled away he kept repeating that he loved me.

"Sing for me." Mark said, handing me my guitar. Once I was done he was completely crying. "I love you so much Y/N." He ran over and attacked me with love. This is why I was happy.