Epilogue

It seemed to him as if he was floating. Somewhere in the white space without borders that would held him. He was flying aimlessly feeling at ease.

But then slowly his surroundings started to take some shape

But then slowly his surroundings started to take some shape. All he could do was to watch as the white space warped and gradually got easier and lighter. It was flying in the soothing breeze lazily and soon he understood that what he saw was probably white gauzy curtain. Watching it he tried to look around a bit more. He was lying on something unbelievably soft and not only those curtains but everything was white. He noticed big glass opened door leading somewhere. Probably balcony? And then there was this distant sound of sea.

He had no idea where he was and for a moment he was a bit unsure of his own identity. Then he managed to remember.

The brunette kept staring at those flying curtains. It was kinda hypnotizing and it made him sleepy but then again was he actually sleeping? He felt like he was flying so why was he suddenly here? And where was this "here"?

Still just lying there and listening to the murmur of sea was very nice and relaxing. Maybe he fell asleep. Maybe he didn't. He was quite confused about it. It seemed to him as if eternity passed with him lying in an unknown white room with flying curtains and sound of waves.

But then when he turned his head he noticed a dark silhouette. Who was it? He was sitting on a chair right next to bed where was Tsuna lying reading some book. It took him some time before he focused his eyes on the stranger. His sight was blurry but soon he recognized the person next to him.

"....H-..Hi-...Hibari...-san..!" the rabbit wheezed weakly catching King's attention.

"Tsunayoshi!" the skylark blinked in surprise but when he saw the brunette and his eyes filling with tears he touched him and caressed him gently. Tsuna gazed at him in silence enjoying his touch. For some reason he thought they would never see each other. It was so weird but it made him happy to the point he started crying. He watched Hibari's loving eyes and light smile. Seriously nothing could be better. He was with the person he loves, seeing him smile and feeling him like this in a nice room, hearing the sound of sea. This certainly must be heaven!

As soon as that thought crossed his mind he suddenly remembered. He died! He was running to Mukuro's home to get an antidote but when he got it his wounds opened during the way and because of major blood loss he died. Just like he saw it when he met Time. He couldn't avoid his fate.

But then again is this really heaven? He never really thought about what's gonna happen to person after their death.

"What is it, little animal? You seem confused." Hibari spoke up suddenly with his usual low-pitched voice. It was nice hearing it again.

Tsuna gulped and wondered if he should ask. Wouldn't it be weird? But then again maybe Dino and Kusakabe found him in time and saved him. Either way this was way too confusing. It shouldn't hurt to ask right?

"Well... the thing is..." the brunette started and took a deep breath. It was unexpectedly hard to talk. His voice was weak. "I mean... maybe you will... l-laugh Hibari-san."

"I won't so spit it out!" the skylark ordered with narrowed eyes.

Tsuna smiled for himself. It seems Hibari is still the same whenever he is in Wonderland or in heaven. "Is this heaven Hibari-san?" the brunette asked him and noticed King's eyes widened by his question.

He quickly continued. "I mean... I'm sure this room is nowhere in Red palace and the last thing I remember is me dying so thinking that this is heaven is in my opinion quite reasonable because having you here with me always feels like being in heaven!" he blurted out and felt his cheeks darkening. Now he did it.

"A-anyway!" he stuttered. "I'm not sure about it... Dino-san and Kusakabe-san could have reached me in time to rescue me so I'm not sure but on the other hand I saw my future before and it all came true so they saving me is maybe just my hopeless wish but still..."

The brunette looked at Hibari who watched him silently without saying anything. He was unsure of what to do.

"Well that was a long monologue for a simple question." the skylark stated mockingly.

Tsuna frowned and pouted. "...hmpf, well then sorry about that!" he muttered.

"Amusing as ever, little animal." Hibari sneered at him and ruffled brunette's hair. Tsuna wasn't saying anything for a while.

"...I'm not sure anymore..." he mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Everything just seems too real! You being you! I don't understand anymore..." the rabbit sighed and looked at the skylark. "Please tell me. Am I dead or alive?"

"..." Hibari stared at him without saying anything for a while and just ruffled Tsuna's hair. Then a smirk started to form on his lips.

 Then a smirk started to form on his lips

"Who knows?"

• The End •