27. chapter - True love

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

He opened his eyes slowly and quite unwillingly. It was dark, probably in the middle of the night, but in a room he was situated in was shining beautiful white stone, illuminating the room with dim light. The brunette lied on quite a large bed, covered by warm sheets with lots of pillows around his head. He felt a bit numb and wanted to sit up but suddenly he remembered the events before he lost his consciousness - the fight and his injuries. He gulped and dared to carefully glance under the sheets only to find his leg completely healed. It was as if a really heavy stone fell from his hurt. He let out relieved sigh and the tension in his body disappeared.

Soon he noticed that all of his injuries were gone - his broken arm was good as new, no bruises anywhere, no snapped tendons - everything was fine. 'It's almost as if no fight happened at all.' he thought and smiled to himself.

He slowly sat up and immediately noticed a silhouette sleeping in the chair next to his bed. "Dino-san!" he mumbled, surprised. In that moment a loud snore escaped his friend's wide open mouth. Tsuna laughed but quickly covered his curving lips, so he wouldn't make some noise that would woke him up. 'Some things never change, huh?'

"Oh, you're awake, Tsuna." said suddenly a childish voice, giving Tsuna a fright. "RE-!" he screamed but quickly shut up and started whispering. "Reborn! You scared me!"

"It's your own fault for being such a sissy." Reborn smirked, disappeared and appeared on his bed. "Still it's good you woke up." he said while smiling.

"Ehm, Reborn, please could you lower your voice? You might wake up Dino-san." Tsuna glanced at Dino and then at catlike infant.

"I doubt something could actually wake him up now. Since they allowed him to see you he was glued to you like some tick." Reborn shook his head.

"Wait! How long have I been sleeping?"

"More then two weeks."

"What!?! You're kidding!" Tsuna squeaked and paled.

"Yes, I am." Reborn sneered at him, enjoying Tsuna's frowning face. "Reborn!" the brunette yelled and flinched, checking if he didn't wake up Dino. "You were out for 2 days if I don't count the day you fought." the infant said.

The rabbit sighed and rubbed his head. "Well it's better than 2 weeks but still... I must have caused everyone trouble, especially Hibari-san." He looked at Dino again and wondered what should he do with him. He took a deep breath, removed the sheets and carefully tried to stand up but as soon as he left the bed his legs betrayed him. He fell on the floor, confused by it.

"What are you doing, dame-Tsuna?!" Reborn reproved him. "You can't stand yet! The healing process drained all of your energy. You should've stayed in bed."