8. chapter - Towards the death

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares

The whole way to the Red kingdom was longer than the Rabbit had expected, because of Alice's constant stopping, looking around and tripping over something. 'Seriously are both of his legs left or what that he keeps falling over nothing?' Tsuna thought and it reminded him of himself.

As they were coming closer to the Red palace, Dino lifted his head, so he could look at the view in front of him more carefully. Enormous palace walled in and rising to the sky with its high towers dominated the whole scenery and gave it some originality which forced everyone, who strolled around, just stop and stare at it. Curved walls, large windows and soaring spires made the big building look strict and cold and red flags flying in the wind with the symbol of the Kingdom of the Hearts gave off the feeling of cruel strength. The palace was surrounded by a big city with similar red flags with a lots of people walking through the streets and right on the opposite side of the palace was placed large palace garden.

"Wow..." Dino stopped walking for a few minutes and just stared at the stunning landscape before him. He saw a lot of other beautiful buildings and places, but nothing was as magical and breathtaking as Wonderland.

"Oi! Don't just stand there and come!" Gokudera yelled, frowning.

"Oh, sorry! It's just that I have never seen such place before..." Dino mentioned. "You know big mushrooms, flying tiny horses as if it was some insect, talking flowers, people with animal parts of their body, doors in the trees and now this amazing castle - it's all so strange that I can't stop myself from wondering." Dino laughed and rubbed his head as he ran towards them.

Tsuna smiled at him, happy the blonde man liked his homeland. "I'm glad you like Wonderland, Dino-san!"

"By the way I wanted to you ask before but I forgot about it, but now I remembered," Dino made a confused face as he thought about his question. "You mentioned that by that legend I as an Alice should marry your king, but you know....ehm, how should I say it? It's just that I'm a guy you know so...isn't it kinda impossible for me to marry him, no?"

The twins and the brunette glanced at each other and then back at Dino. "Why would it be impossible??" Gokudera stared at him as if he was some stupid kid.

"There's no problem with two guys marring." Yamamoto grinned, confusing Alice even more.

"What do you mean 'no problem'??"

"Well I think I heard about it - that in human world it's weird if there are homosexual pairs." Tsuna thought out loud. "Anyway here in Wonderland it's nothing unusual." he explained and kept on walking.

Dino didn't say anything about it and followed the boys. After more then an hour they were finally close to the garden with high iron doors and two guards standing there. The armored men glanced at them and when they saw the Rabbit with other three uninvited guests, they frowned.

"Sawada, who are those guys?" asked one of the guards.

"These two are Tweedle twins and this is Dino Cavallone. They're my friends."

"We know Tweedles, but we've never heard about this dude." Tsuna gulped and chaotic ideas started flying through his mind. 'What should I do? Should I tell them? No! They won't believe me! Then should I lie?' he thought.