39. chapter - I want to forgive you

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

"What's the meaning of this?! Are you serious??" Dino asked the Hatter angrily, grabbing his collar.

"Kufufufu, I believe I wouldn't gain anything by lying to you." Mukuro sneered at Dino and freed himself from his grip. He glanced at the pale brunette, who watched the potion with widened eyes. "I suggest you to drink it, rabbit. Death by this poison isn't very nice."

"Don't listen to him, Tsuna! Why should we trust him after all this?!"

Tsuna flinched and looked at Mukuro, who was still smiling. "If what you're telling is true why would you care, Mukuro?"

The Hatter's smirk froze for a moment as if he was wondering about Tsuna's question. It was true that he didn't care about the brunette that much but somehow it seemed to him oddly wrong to kill someone who had nothing to do with his revenge. The rabbit was just unlucky, that was all. "Let's just say your death wouldn't benefit me very much."

Watching him, Tsuna wondered what should he do. It was true that Mukuro had no reason to lie to them. In fact he was risking that Tsuna would tell this to Hibari and that would be quite troublesome for him. 'What should I do?? I guess I have no choice in this. I have to drink it and hope it's just an antidote and not something different...' he decided and looked at the small bottle.

His hands were trembling and thought of some poison circulating in his veins was horrible, making him feel like puking. Was it actually because of that that he felt so sick since he was treated?

"Tsuna, are you serious?? You're gonna drink it?!" Dino's voice was filled with disbelief and worries. "What other choice do I have?!" Tsuna squeaked weakly. He was scared. Scared of dying. After escaping his destiny he definitely didn't want to face death again. He didn't want to die.

The blonde man watched him, knowing fully well that the brunette was right. He sighed and nodded. "Alright, drink it. I'll be with you." he said to him, trying to encourage him a bit with a smile before he turned to Mukuro. "I swear you'll pay if anything happens to him!"

 "I swear you'll pay if anything happens to him!"