33. chapter - Glass flower of the past

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Ryohei - Captain of the palace guards
Bianchi, I-pin - chefs in the White palace
Lambo - gardener

Strong scent of blood and glass flowers. That's what the wind brought him that day. When he visited the White palace for the first time he smelled those strange flowers too. The smell was soothing with mild sweetness in it and later he got to learn the name of those flowers. Glass flowers, typical for the White kingdom and growing almost everywhere.

The young Queen loved them. She adored their elegant lines and transparent petals. The palace garden was full of them and for that she usually spent her free time there.

 The palace garden was full of them and for that she usually spent her free time there

That's also where they met for the first time. She smiled at him brightly and welcomed him warmly. Because of that naive smile he thought she will be incompetent queen. Weak, clueless and easily manipulated. How surprised he was when he saw she was the exact opposite. Gradually, little by little he noticed he changed his mind.

He didn't feel any romantic feelings towards her. She earned his respect and as the time passed working for her suddenly became quite enjoyable job. Though he was never aware of it he felt proud of the fact that she was his Queen. She was kind but not naive, weak physically but not mentally and smart but not self-seeking.

One could call her perfect queen. In his eyes she wasn't too far from it. They never talked much. Only about banalities which he would normally considered as a waste of time or distraction but strangely enough talking to her like that was quite nice. She always praised his work while he has never complimented her. He didn't feel the need to do so. He just did his work thinking she must be aware of what she meant to him and others.

And that's why he couldn't believe she would be capable of dirtying her hands. Disbelief and shock mixed in him. He should have anticipated it. That way he wouldn't feel like he did. Betrayed and destroyed. She sacrificed them. His friends. And for what? By what right? Her right as a queen?

"As of today you are banished from the land of the White kingdom. You are banned from ever coming back and if you violate this order, you will bear the consequences which would result in your death."