17. chapter - White kingdom

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight

After crossing the gate another Others waited for them, accompanying them to their mansion which was similar to the one on the other side of the portal. They left their horses in the first building but it was because there were another horses prepared for them already on the other side. The group didn't wait any longer and continued their trip. It took more then 3 hours to get to the White palace. As they traveled through the country of the White kingdom they noticed how different the scenery was. The land was rockier with only a little grass, plants were mostly higher than trees that were abruptly tiny, sky was full of fat clouds which seemed way too near the ground. At some point they left this strange forest and entered large chess field sprawling out without end with various giant statues resembling chessmen.

It sure was a very strange and unforgettable view but what came after it was even more breathtaking. After crossing the field they entered another forest with high stone flowers and somehow the clouds seemed even closer to the ground making the visibility worse. Even so the group didn't slow down and continued in their usual fast pace until they noticed three silhouettes of the Varia guards standing just a few meters in front of them.

"VOIII, STOP YOUR HORSES!!" Squalo yelled.

The rest of the group quickly stopped and Tsuna had to use all of his strength in his legs not to fall off the horse. He let out relieved sigh and wondered why did they stop. Were there any problems?

"We're here." Xanxus said with bored expression.

'Here? What did he mean by th-' Tsuna couldn't finish his thought because in that moment the wind rose, driving away clouds and revealing wonderful panorama before them. They stood at the edge of the huge canyon which was filled with incredible amount of white fleecy clouds drawing in more and more clouds and resembling a big pile of cotton wool which was just seducing them to jump in. But above of it was even greater marvel. Colossal white city with beautiful White palace in the middle was levitating above the canyon surrounded by clouds and connected by uncountable number of bridges. Magnificent palace was, apart of the Red palace, full of elegant curves and rondures and full of all kinds of domes, archs and vaults. It didn't have any sharp towers or pointed roofs, only round ones. It looked like the city was built on clouds but that was impossible even for Wonderland...or not?

Tsuna stared at it with eyes wide open and didn't have any words. It was beautiful and even though his mind was full of regrets about the unfortunate finding out, he felt a slight gratitude and happiness. For that short moment he was glad to be where he was now.

"Wow! This is really amazing!" Dino smiled, his eyes glued on the city and sparkling with excitement. "But is this for real? I mean this city - is it really built on the clouds?"

"Are you an idiot?" Mammon hissed, annoyed.

"Oh? It isn't?" Lussuria let out surprised whine and touched with his hand his lips, watching the city and missing Mammon's sigh.

"Ushishishi, you're both idiots." Bel laughed and shook his head.

"Bel! Don't be so mean!" Lussuria puckered his lips.