19. chapter - Time

Characters:
Tsuna - White Rabbit
Hibari - King of Hearts
Kusakabe - Knight of Hearts
Gokudera - Tweedle Dee
Yamamoto - Tweedle Dum
Shamal - caterpillar Absolem
Hana, Kyoko - chefs in the Red palace
Haru - gardener
Reborn - Cheshire Cat
Dino - Alice
Mukuro - Mad Hatter
Chrome - Mice Mallymkun
Ken and Chikusa - Hares
Varia - the Royal guards of Hearts
Vindice - the Others
Six Funeral Wreaths - the White Royal guards
Yuni - White queen
Byakuran - White knight
Checker face - Time

Opening his eyes, the brunette looked around himself, prepared for anything to happen but surprisingly nothing came. He appeared in another hallway but this time it was wider. The darkness was still the same as the coldness but what was significantly different was that he kept hearing lots of these small footsteps and strange ticking. 'What is that sound?' he wondered and slowly went forward.

Suddenly he noticed stairs leading up. 'That sound is coming from there.' Tsuna thought, took a deep breath and carefully went up. He was nervous what he will find there. It sounded like some clock or that robot he saw earlier. What if there were bigger robots? What will happen to him when they find him? More he thought about it the more he became nervous. He shook his head and decided to keep moving forward because if he were to keep hiding or avoiding them he would never find a way out of this strange castle.

Finally he reached nicely decorated iron door at the end and opening them slowly, he peeked inside only to be shocked by what he saw next. He found himself in a big room that looked like insides of some astronomical clock. There were thousands of cogwheels connected together, rotating and making a racket and in the middle of it all was an enormous beautiful golden clock, ticking powerfully. It was so massive and amazing that it took Tsuna's breath away. He stared at it and slowly approached it through a long bridge leading there.

The brunette stopped in front of the clock and as he watched it he felt very strange

The brunette stopped in front of the clock and as he watched it he felt very strange. It was magnificent for sure but at the same time it seemed so dangerous. As if his very being depended on this huge machine. He didn't dare to touch it. Suddenly he felt like maybe he shouldn't even be here and just when he was about to leave quietly he turned around and froze. There was a man standing behind him and watching him through a mask which hid his eyes and a bit of his face around them. He wore a grey suit with long coat over it with high collar and four golden buttons. His hands were covered by a pair of dark grey gloves, one holding a black staff with some big crystal at its end. He looked very neat and classy but at the same time kinda scary. The rabbit couldn't see his face well because of his hat which shadowed it but he noticed half of his face was chequered.

The man smiled and made few steps closer to the brunette who watched him the way cornered animal watches its predator. "It seems we have a very nosy visitor." he stated coldly.